Creamy and cheesy slow cooker chicken alfredo takes only a few minutes of prep for an effortless low-carb meal.
I can guarantee the flavors of this sauce will satisfy any pasta alfredo cravings you have, but without the carbs. This chicken alfredo recipe isn't only low carb, but gluten free as well when served over zoodles.
Standing over the stove after a long day whisking alfredo sauce isn't my idea of fun. Making this dish in the crockpot takes away so much of the work, time, and dirty dishes. The only thing you have to do is plate it up, and your family is sure to love it!
I always like to make a bigger batch when cooking in the crockpot. This way I can have the leftovers for lunch over the next few days. It only takes a couple of minutes to warm up the chicken and sauce on the stove or in the microwave, and lunch is served!
Tips to Make Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo
When you are ready to get cooking, keep these tips in mind to make sure you get the best results!
- This recipe is low carb and gluten free when served over zoodles. Xantham Gum can be replaced with 1 tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 tablespoon water.
- Make sure to cook the chicken before adding in the cream and grated cheese. It is important that you don't skip ahead, and add the cream after so it doesn't separate while cooking the chicken.
Serving Ideas and Suggestions
To keep this recipe low carb the chicken is served over zoodles, but you could also pair it with any vegetable of you choosing. Broccoli always goes well with chicken alfredo, as well as Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Cauliflower.
You can also serve this chicken over pasta, rice, or with a side of roasted potatoes.
You Might Also Like
Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 c chicken stock
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 c heavy cream warmed
- 1 c Parmesan cheese freshly shaved
- 1 c Romano cheese freshly shaved
- ½ tsp xanthan gum to thicken
- Prepare the slow cooker liner with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place chicken breast into the bottom of the slow cooker. Pour the chicken stock over the chicken. Sprinkle the chicken with garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Cut the cream cheese into cubes and place over the top of the chicken.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on high for 2 to 3 hours or low for 4 to 5 hours.
- Carefully remove the chicken from the slow cooker. Cut into slices, shred, or cube.
- Whisk the remaining contents of the slow cooker until the cream cheese is blended with the juices.
- To the slow cooker, add the warmed heavy cream and cheeses. Stir in the cheeses and continue stirring until melted.
- Sprinkle the sauce with xanthan gum and stir to combine. The xanthan gum will thicken slightly and then continue to thicken as the sauce begins to cool.
- If desired, return the chicken to the slow cooker.
- Serve the chicken and sauce over zoodles for a low carb option or over regular fettuccine noodles.