A simple yet delicious pork chop recipe, these orange rosemary slow cooker pork chops are seasoned with rosemary, garlic, salt, and pepper, then drenched in an orange juice sauce, and topped with fresh orange slices.
I love anything orange and citrusy so these pork chops are right up my alley, but my favorite part about this recipe is that they are made in the slow cooker. By cooking them this way, the orange juice keeps them juicy while the slow cooker makes them super tender.
You also don't have to stress about cooking after a long day, or ending up with dry overcooked pork, making it the easiest way to cook pork chops that come out perfect every time.
Tips and Trick to Make Orange Rosemary Pork Chops
Think you’re ready to give the recipe a try? Consider these additional tips to help you nail the recipe!
- If you have leftover juice in the crockpot, you can make a delicious orange sauce to pour over the pork. Add some cornstarch to the orange juice mixture and simmer on the stove over low heat until thickened. Pour it over the chicken or a side of rice.
- These are best in the crockpot because the pork has plenty of time to soak up the flavors of the juice, but if you don't have a crockpot, don't worry! You could also marinate the pork in the orange juice. Marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, but the longer the better. Then you can pan fry them, or put them in a baking dish with a bit of the juice. Bake them at 400 for about 12-15 minutes or until the internal temp is 145 degrees.
Serving Ideas and Suggestions
These orange rosemary pork chops are definitely the star of the dish, but if you're not sure what to serve with them, consider these ideas:
Keep it simple by serving them over some steamed rice, and roasted broccoli. Top it all off with a drizzle of orange sauce for a delicious, quick, and well-balanced meal.
Alternatively, if you want to get a bit more creative, pair them with a stir fry of different vegetables such as broccoli, green beans, asparagus, bell peppers, bok choy, or mushrooms, to name a few.
The pork flavors would also pair amazingly with a salad like this Honey Ginger Salad or Chicken and Apple House Salad.
You Might Also Like
Slow Cooker Pork Chops in Mushroom Sauce
Slow Cooker Lemon Pepper Chicken
Pork Chops with Mushroom Gravy
Chicken with Creamy Orange Sauce
Orange Rosemary Slow Cooker Pork Chops
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- salt and pepper
- 3 tbs brown sugar
- 8 oz orange juice
- 1-2 oranges sliced
- Lay the pork chops in a single layer at the bottom of the slow cooker pot.
- Peel and mince a clove of garlic, then add to a small bowl. Add the rosemary, and sprinkle some salt and pepper in. Stir to combine the spices.
- Divide the spice mixture between the 4 pork chops, then spread it over the tops of them.
- Add the brown sugar and orange juice to a bowl, stir to combine, and pour into the slow cooker.
- Cut the orange(s) into slices and place on top of the pork chops.
- Plug the slow cooker in, and cook on high for 3.5 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
Leave a Reply