Lemon and chicken is a flavor combination that truly never goes out of style. In this recipe, lemon juice and cream of chicken soup combine to create a luscious sauce that’s simply irresistible as a coating for savory chicken breasts. Prep the ingredients and you can leave the slow cooker to perform its magic. When the cook time is up, serve this slow-cooker lemon pepper chicken over a bed of rice, noodles, or steamed veggies for a memorable meal you’ll turn to time and again.
What can I serve with Lemon Pepper Chicken?
- Mashed Potatoes
- Roasted Potatoes
- Egg Noodles
- Green Beans
What should the internal temperature be for chicken when done?
The temperature internally for chicken when done should be 165 degrees F. The juices should run clear.
Slow Cooker Lemon Pepper Chicken
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 c chicken broth
- 1 c lemon juice divided in ½ cup portions
- 2 tbsp dry minced onion
- salt & pepper
- Marinate chicken in ½ cup of lemon juice for about 30 minutes.
- In a bowl mix together the soup, broth, remaining ½ cup lemon juice, and seasonings until well combined.
- Ladle a small amount of mixture into the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Lay all of the chicken on top.
- Cover the chicken with the remaining soup mixture.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
Leave a Reply