These 5 ingredient s’mores bars are the perfect quick dessert to whip up when you’re hit by a sweet craving in the middle of the night!
S’mores are my absolute favorite any time of the year! I just love sinking my teeth into the gooey toasted marshmallow and the melted chocolate swirling together with it. And I know for a fact that it's not just me- they have a huge fan following.
Quite recently, I tried my hands at a quick little inspired dessert, and my mind was blown at how easy it was to make! It took me just minutes, and my entire family just dug right in!
Plus, I didn’t even need to use a lot of ingredients to make these s’mores bars.
Why Make these S'mores Bars?
S'mores are a campfire classic, but when you want to serve them indoors they can leave behind a lot of mess in your kitchen. These bars bring all the flavor in an easy-to-serve form that's great for entertaining at home or on the go. The chocolate base is topped with marshmallows and graham crackers before being finished off in the oven until warm and gooey. They're sure to be popular whether you serve them up alone or alongside other desserts.
You’ll need just 5 ingredients to put them together, and the process of making them is pretty straightforward and simple- something you can easily do even if you’re not an expert in the kitchen.
Tempted already? Here’s a bit more about it before you jump right onto the recipe.
What Can I Use Instead of Graham Crackers?
Don’t have graham crackers? You can use pretty much any crackers for this recipe- saltines, pretzels, and Ritz crackers are all great options and make for a winning combination when teamed up with the chocolate and marshmallows.
If you don’t mind some extra chocolatey flavor, you can also use Oreos without the cream as a replacement for the graham crackers.
Can I Store These For Later?
Yes! That’s actually one of my favorite parts about this recipe. You can make a big batch of these s'more bars and store them in the refrigerator for another day. Just transfer them to an airtight container and refrigerate them for up to 4 days.
Tips to Remember While Making the S'mores Bars
Ready to get started with the recipe? Here are a few tips and tricks you must keep in mind before you do to make sure you get it to spot on!
- If you don’t want to spend all the time blitzing the graham crackers, you can use them directly! Just follow the rest of the process as is, and then top the marshmallow with another graham cracker. Easy peasy!
- Remember to keep a close eye on the marshmallows once you put them into the oven. They have high sugar content and you won’t want them to end up getting all burnt.
- To cut through the sticky marshmallow layer with ease, dip your knife into some hot water, and then glide through all the layers. Clean the knife and dip it into hot water again for every cut.
- ½ c butter
- 2 c graham cracker crumbs
- ½ c confectioners' sugar
- 5 Hershey chocolate bars
- 1 pkg mini marshmellows
- Put parchment paper in a large baking pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C).
- In a bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs, confectioners' sugar and melted butter.
- Put the mixture in the baking pan. Press down the crumbs with your fingers or the help of a glass.
- Place in the oven and bake for 5-7 minutes (the crust will harden as it cools.)
- Take the pan out of the oven and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- After, put the chocolate bars on top of the crust and place in oven for 3 minutes (until the chocolate just begins to melt.)
- Spread the chocolate with spatula until all the crust is covered.
- Let cool for 2 minutes.
- Place the marshmallows on top of the chocolate.
- Put the pan into the oven and cook for 5 to 10 minutes. (Keep an eye on the marshmallows, do no allow them to burn.)
- After removing from the oven, allow to cool completely. Chill in the fridge if you'd like.
Loved how easy it was to make this dessert? Here are a few more of my favorite quick dessert recipes you might want to try out!