Summer is around the corner and I love a fresh salad on a hot day. So, today it is time to create a fresh and zesty salad dressing that you can enjoy all summer long.
Especially when it’s as delicious as this Fresh Ginger and Honey Salad. It’s sweet, tangy, and loaded with the zesty, spicy taste of fresh ginger, and it’s one of the simplest and easiest dressings to make from scratch.
I have two suggestions for you when you make this recipe.
- Use a food processor. Not only will it mince the fresh ginger for you, but it will also emulsify the dressing way better than whisking it by hand. Just add the ginger and process until finely minced, add the rest of the ingredients except for the oil, and process together, and while the food processor is running, add the oil. You will get a perfectly emulsified dressing every time.
- Peel the ginger with a spoon. Never mind using a vegetable peeler to peel fresh ginger- it takes too much of the actual ginger off with the peel, and it’s hard to manage. A spoon takes the peel off only and is much easier.
Honey Ginger Salad
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1 ½ tsp soy sauce
- 1 ½ tsp honey
- 1 ½ tsp fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 bunches greens of your choice, roughly chopped
- In a large bowl, whisk together all ingredients except greens until well combined
- Toss in greens
- Serve immediately and enjoy!