When it’s scorching hot outside and you need a way to cool off and hydrate, this watermelon smoothie is the perfect treat! It only requires four simple ingredients to make.
It’s incredible what a difference proper hydration can make in your overall health. Optimal digestion, supple skin, improved brain function, and overall energy are just a few benefits to making sure you’re adequately hydrated.
With scorching temperatures upon us, it’s more important than ever for us to stay on top of it. This watermelon smoothie is the perfect way to cool off on a hot summer day and you only need four simple ingredients to make it:
- seedless watermelon - frozen is better
- yogurt - plain yogurt is preferred
- mint - a little diced and then some for topping
- sugar or honey - whichever is your preferred sweetener
My preferred method for this smoothie is to freeze the watermelon and then add a little water to get everything going in the blender. But if you’re short on time and don’t want to wait for it to freeze, you can also add a few ice cubes with a splash of water. Either way, it’s so simple to make!
It tastes just as good as it feels to drink. If you’ve been feeling the heat and are in need of hydration then I highly recommend drinking one of these. Cheers!
How long can you keep watermelon in the freezer?
For 9 to 12 months, so you can make this year around if the watermelon lasts that long.
How long does it take for watermelon to freeze?
Place the pan of freshly sliced watermelon in the freezer, and allow them to freeze for 2-4 hours. Once the watermelon is frozen, transfer the pieces to an airtight container, so they won't pick up any other flavors from your freezer.
Other drinks you may enjoy:
Watermelon Mint Smoothie
- 2 ½ c seedless watermelon frozen is better
- 1 c yogurt plain is preferred
- 2 sprigs mint 1 diced and 1 for topping
- 1 tbsp sugar or honey for sweetness
- Place watermelon, ice, mint, honey, and yogurt into to a blender.
- Layer in a little of each as this makes it easier for it to blend.
- Use a spoon to stir around if need be.
- Pour into a glass and top off with mint sprig for added flavor.
Please comment below and let me know what you think, as share this recipe with your friends and family. As your sharing helps us continue to grow and provide great family recipes for the whole family to enjoy.