These snowman rice cakes are the perfect easy sweet treat to make this holiday season- they’re ready in minutes!
Rice cereal sweet treats are always so much fun to work with, especially during the holiday season. They are super versatile and you can pair them with almost anything.
This snowman rice cakes recipe is just that and more. You’ll need just 4 ingredients to make it from start to finish, and it’ll turn out to be a fun and delicious sweet treat you’ll find yourself making again and again.
What Can I Use Instead of Vanilla Frosting?
Vanilla frosting is an absolute no-fail that you can use for this recipe since it has that nice subtle flavor that can work well with almost any other add-on you’re planning to use to decorate the snowman rice cakes.
If you don’t have vanilla frosting, you could use marshmallow fluff, whipping cream, cream cheese, or even some thickened yogurt.
Can I Make the Rice Cakes Myself?
Yes, you could do that too! The recipe calls for the use of store-bought rice cakes since they’re easily available and can save you a lot of cooking time. If you don’t mind spending a few extra minutes in the kitchen, you could totally make your rice Krispie cakes from scratch- it is actually super easy and they usually take just three ingredients to make.
Can I Make & Store Them For Later?
Yes! You can assemble these rice cakes from start to finish, and then transfer them to an airtight container before you refrigerate them. Ideally, it is best to make and have them fresh, but they can last for 1-2 days in the refrigerator at their peak freshness.
Anything beyond that will cause the rice cakes to soak up the moisture and turn soggy, which is not what you would want.
Tips & Tricks to Make the Snowman Rice Cakes
The recipe is super simple, but keeping these little tips in mind can help you nail it.
- When choosing the toppings for these rice cakes, make sure you choose flavor combinations that work well together.
- You can also try making these snowmen-themed snacks in a savory version by using crackers, topping them with cream cheese or thickened yogurt, and decorating them with chopped veggies and other savory items.
- These rice cakes are super simple, which means you can decorate them with practically anything you want to. Candy corn, mini chocolate chips, raisins, fruit strips, peanut butter chips, different colored frosting, sprinkles, peppermint candy kisses, M&Ms, shimmer sugar sprinkles- the possibilities are literally endless.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
These snowmen-shaped rice cakes can be served as is at your next holiday get-together- they’re super versatile that way. You can also team them up with some other holiday-themed snacks and sweet treats like Rolo pretzel bites, Halloween snack mix, cranberry orange cookies, or some good old caramel apple dump cake.
If you’re making these for the kiddos, you can frost each rice cake and set up a decoration station where all the kids could experiment with decorating their individual snowman with different candy.
Snowman Rice Cakes
- 1 pkg rice cakes plain or flavored
- vanilla frosting or yogurt
- 1 pkg mini M&Ms
- 1 tube orange gel icing
- Unwrap rice cakes and place on plate.
- Carefully front each rice cake using a knife with vanilla frosting or yogurt.
- Place 2 brown M&Ms for eyes on towards the top of the frosted rice cake.
- Leave some room in the middle and place about 5 brown M&Ms in a smiley shape for the mouth on the bottom half of the rice cake.
- Use the orange gel icing to draw a carrot shaped nose on the center of the rice cake.