This refreshing Watermelon Feta Salad with Mint is perfect for summer. Sweet ripe watermelon combined with feta cheese and freshly picked mint is simply dressed with olive oil and lime juice. It’s a sweet-and-salty combination that looks just beautiful on the table for a backyard cookout or a potluck!
Watermelon was my favorite fruit as a child and continues to be something I look forward to every summer. And while mediocre watermelons are pretty unexciting, a really good watermelon is pure heaven. This Watermelon Salad with Feta and Mint is the perfect way to dress it up as a flavorful side dish to serve at any summer gathering.
A Couple Tips for this Watermelon Salad
Remember that soon after watermelons are cut, the liquid slowly seeps out of the flesh, and along with it, the sweet flavor you associate with watermelon. So, this watermelon salad is best prepared and enjoyed on the same day. But, if you do need to do some prepping the night before, or if you have some leftovers, here are a couple of tips for you:
- Make-Ahead: If you need to make this watermelon salad ahead of time, you can peel and cube the watermelon and prepare the remaining ingredients, then store each in the fridge in separate containers. Add the dressing and mix the salad together just a few minutes before serving.
- Leftovers: Because this is a super watery salad, with watermelon being the star ingredient, it is best to finish it on the same day you prepare it. However, if you have some leftovers, you can store them in a tight-lid glass container for a night or two (test before serving.)
Watermelon Mint Feta Salad
- 3 lbs seedless watermelon cubed small
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ c fresh mint roughly chopped
- 4 oz feta cheese crumbled
- In a large bowl combine melon, lemon juice, olive oil
- Toss gently
- Add mint and feta and toss again until well combined
- Serve immediately and enjoy!