Super delicious and so easy to put together, these grilled stuffed mushrooms are the perfect appetizer to make in a jiffy!
These grilled stuffed mushrooms are oozing with the balanced flavors and textures of garlic and the two kinds of cheese. They are so easy to make and need just four ingredients to make- perfect for when you’re hosting a little dinner at home.
But before you go ahead and jump right into the recipe, here’s a bit more about what you need to know about it.
Which Mushrooms Can I Use?
I have used white button mushrooms for this recipe, but you could use Portobello too if that’s what you prefer. Just remember to choose bigger mushrooms for this recipe, so that it becomes easier for you to stuff them with the filling.
Also remember that when you grill the mushrooms, they will shrink a teeny bit, so the bigger the mushrooms, the better.
What Else Can I Add to the Stuffing?
The balanced combination of cream cheese with parmesan cheese and a bit of garlic is great, but you don’t necessarily have to stick to it. You can play with a lot of different ingredients and use a combination of what works best for you to stuff the mushrooms. Here are a few good ideas.
- Chopped veggies like cabbage, spinach, cherry tomatoes, carrots, onions, and spring onions.
- Seasonings and spices like dried oregano, dried Italian seasoning, paprika, etc.
- Chopped fresh herbs like parsley, mint, and basil.
Tips to Make the Grilled Stuffed Mushrooms
Ready to get started with this recipe? You might want to keep these additional tips and tricks in mind.
- After you have washed the mushrooms, remember to remove all the excess moisture from them using paper towels. Soaking them in water or not removing the excess moisture can cause the mushrooms to release the water while they cook, ruining their texture.
- To get a little crunchy texture, top the cream cheese filling with a mixture of breadcrumbs and oil before you grill the mushrooms.
- Remember to grease the baking tray with a bit of olive oil or butter (even if you are using an aluminum sheet) to keep the mushrooms moist.
- Fancy a little spicy kick? Add some chopped jalapenos into the cream cheese mixture.
- While the mixture of cream cheese and Parmesan is one you can’t go wrong with, you can also experiment and add in any other cheeses of your choice. Blue cheese, mozzarella cheese, or even cheddar cheese are excellent too!
- Make sure the cream cheese mixture is completely cooled down before you use it to stuff the mushrooms. Using the hot mixture will ruin the textural integrity of the mushrooms.
How to Serve the Grilled Stuffed Mushrooms
While these grilled stuffed mushrooms taste absolutely divine all on their own, you can still go the extra mile and team them up with any dips or sauces of your choice.
If you’re making these for a party that you’re hosting, you might want to serve them with other appetizers like vegan air fryer avocado rolls or loaded sweet potato skins, or even some keto-deviled eggs.
Grilled Stuffed Mushrooms with Cream Cheese and Parmesan
- 8 oz Mushrooms
- 4 oz Cream cheese
- ¼ c Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Wash mushrooms in cold water. Remove and discard stems. Place mushrooms in a shallow baking dish.
- Add cream cheese, parmesan cheese, and garlic to a small skillet and heat over medium heat, stirring often, until mixture is creamy.
- Using two spoons, (one to stuff, one to get the mixture off the spoon) stuff the mushrooms with the mixture.
- Heat the grill, and lay a sheet of aluminum foil onto the grill grate, and cook the mushrooms until they are a nice golden color. This takes about 15-20 minutes on a gas grill heated at medium/low.
- Serve hot.