When it is chilly out I love a nice bowl of chowder to warm me up. Years ago my husband and I would go to Chili's all the time and get corn chowder. It was my absolute favorite but they quit offering it and then we quit going.
Now, this isn't a copycat of there corn chowder because, to be honest, it is better! Yes, the BBQ chicken inside it gives it extra flavor topped with green onions, bacon, or chives is just outright EPIC!
We served it with fresh bread or biscuits and a garden salad for a complete meal.
I make this recipe using canned or frozen corn for the sake of simplicity, if you happen to have fresh corn, by all means, cut it off the cobb and use that!!
What size slow cooker should I use for making this?
This creamy corn chowder recipe actually makes a HUGE batch in the slow cooker, so you want to be sure to at least use a 6 qt slow cooker.
Can I make this vegetarian?
Absolutely! Sub in vegetable broth for chicken broth, your favorite meatless protein for chicken, and top with toasted nuts or sautéed mushrooms in lieu of bacon.
How long do leftovers last?
Leftovers should last up to 4 days in the refrigerator, or up to 3 months in the freezer. Be sure to let your leftovers cool completely before transferring to an airtight container.
Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Corn Chowder
- 2 c Chicken broth
- 2 c BBQ Chicken Pre cooked
- 2 cans Creamed Sweet Corn
- 2 cans Sweet Corn
- ¼ c Flour
- 8 oz Chive Cream Cheese
- 1 tsp Dried thyme
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- Add the corn, chicken, flour, thyme, salt, and pepper to the slow cooker.
- Slowly stir in the chicken broth.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours or high 3-4 hours.
- Stir in cream cheese and return cover until heated through
- Stir well until cream cheese is fully combined
- Top with chives, cheese, and bacon if desired