What are pumpkin donuts?
I’ve never made successfully baked pumpkin donuts before this year. It wasn’t until I transformed my favorite pumpkin loaf which I haven't shared yet into these cake-like donuts that I was truly satisfied with a traditional pumpkin donut. Um hello? Why didn’t I do that sooner?
Now on the blog, there is Keto Pumpkin Donuts and Regular for you to enjoy.
Supplies needed to make Pumpkin Donuts:
Why making donuts with the kids is fun?
There are several ingredients where your child can dump them into the bowl so they can be involved in the creation of their own little snack.
The best icing for Pumpkin Donuts:
I would recommend either just plain powdered sugar sprinkled on top or Maple Cream Cheese Frosting. The maple cream cheese frosting adds an extra flavor to the pumpkin donuts, but it also adds a more creamy texture to the moist donuts.
- Stand Mixer or
- 1 ½ c Sugar
- ½ c Vegetable oil
- 2 Eggs
- ½ can Canned pumpkin 15oz can
- 1 ¾ c Flour
- ⅓ c Water
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
- ½ tsp All spice
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Cloves
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Spray with cooking spray the donut pans to prevent sticking.
- Whisk the flour, spices, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Beat the pumpkin puree, sugar, vegetable oil, water, and eggs into the large bowl until smooth.
- Fill three 6-cup nonstick doughnut pans with the batter so that each mold is almost full.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until the tester comes out clean
- Let stand for 10 minutes before removing from the pan
Where can you buy pumpkin donuts?
Often times you can find pumpkin donuts in the fall at your local farm that sells pumpkins or the local coffee shop that you can purchase a sweet treat with your cup of coffee to enjoy together.
Leave a Reply