With just 4 ingredients you have a delicious dinner your family will rave about - Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken.
I love a good BBQ chicken sandwich, but being a busy family of 4 sometimes means I get it when we grab dinner in between day to day obligations. Sometimes I get a really good one and other times it is a saucy soggy mess.
So, I have perfected this slow cooker BBQ chicken so it is flavorful and not watery.
How to make Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken?
It really doesn't have to be difficult, I promise! Lay some red onions down in the bottom of the slow cooker. Then place on top the chicken, followed by squeezing on the BBQ sauce on top. The type of BBQ sauce is up to you.
Allow to cook on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
Once fully cooked you will be able to shred the chicken using a fork or a pair of claws. I use claws because it is quicker for me. Then serve and enjoy!
Ways to eat Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken?
- On a Bun - I tend to use 100% whole wheat or Pepperidge Farm bun.
- In a taco shell
- On top of some chips
Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken
- 18 oz BBQ Sauce
- 4-5 Chicken breasts
- 1 Purple Onion
- Slice the purple onion up and lay at the bottom of the slowcooker
- Lay the chicken breasts on top
- Squeeze as much as you can of the BBQ sauce overtop of the chicken.
- Let cook on high for 4-5 hours or low 6-8 hours