Perfect to serve at your Halloween or Christmas party, this Butterfinger fudge takes just minutes to prep and make.
Holidays are the perfect time to experiment and try out different sweet treats, and this Butterfinger fudge is a good example. It is super easy to make, needs minimal ingredients, and has your favorite candy in it too! How cool is that!
Ready to go ahead and give this recipe a shot? Here’s everything you might want to know about it before you do.
How Can I Store the Butterfinger Fudge?
While it is best to store this fudge at room temperature to get the maximum flavor, you can also refrigerate it, if you plan to store it for more than 5 days. Remember to use an airtight container to keep the moisture and the softness of the fudge intact.
You can also freeze the fudge if you want to. Just cover each individual piece in waxed paper and then throw them all in a freezer-safe bag before you put them in!
What Else Can I Add?
You don’t have to stick to the recipe when it comes to making this fudge. Based on what you have at hand, you can add in a lot of little tidbits. Here are a few cool ideas.
Chopped nuts: Pecans, almonds, macadamia, peanuts, pistachios are all excellent options. When added to your fudge, they lend it a nice bit of texture and an element of crunch.
Sauce: A drizzle of caramel sauce or white chocolate can really elevate the flavors of this or practically any other fudge you’re making.
Other additions: Chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, rice Krispies, dried cranberries, dried figs, raisins, crushed pretzels, crushed candy cane, crushed peppermint or even some coarse sea salt can all be great additions to this fudge.
Tips & Tricks to Make the Butterfinger Fudge
This fudge may be easy to make, but having some extra tips and tricks on hand is always a good idea.
- Make sure your butter is at room temperature before you begin using it for the recipe.
- Keep stirring the mixture often, taking care that it doesn’t end up burning.
- After you have added the marshmallow fluff and the rest of the ingredients, mix well, but be careful to avoid overmixing. Mixing it too much will cause the fudge to turn dense, and it won’t have that nice texture that you are looking for.
- To turn this fudge into a two-layered fudge, you can also pour a thin layer of melted chocolate over the top.
- To get those perfect, sharp cuts to your fudge, wash and clean your knife every single time.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
The best part about this fudge is that you don’t need to go through any major effort to serve it. They are bite-sized and work perfectly all on their own.
- 12 oz milk chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp butter
- 7 oz container of marshmallow fluff
- 7 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Butterfinger candy bits
- Line an 8"x8" baking pan with parchment paper. Grease the parchment paper for easier release of the fudge.
- Add chocolate and butter to a microwave safe bowl, and heat in 30 second intervals, stirring between each heat session, until fully melted.
- Add marshmallow fluff, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla. Stir well.
- Add Butterfinger candy bits (reserving some aside for the topping), and stir to combine.
- Pour into a baking pan, and use a spoon or knife to smooth out. Add remaining Butterfinger candy bits.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Cut into 5 sections, by 5 sections, to make 25 pieces.
- Store in the refrigerator.