Chickpea Salad is a complete meal that is low in fat, high in protein, and incredibly delicious! A superpower salad that is so satisfying, and …fun!
This Cucumber Feta Chickpea Salad is perfect as a side dish for barbecues, picnics, or as a light lunch option. The combination of fresh ingredients and tangy flavors makes it a delightful and satisfying salad. Enjoy!
Can I eat chickpeas from the can?
Canned chickpeas are already cooked and ready to serve. This makes them so convenient to keep on hand when you need to add a quick protein to salads.
Are chickpeas good for weight loss?
If you’re following a Weight Watchers diet, you probably already know chickpeas are 0 points. They are a rich source of vitamins, minerals, and fiber, and are high in protein, and make an excellent replacement for meat in vegetarian and vegan diets.
Swap out vegetables
This recipe is so versatile, you can substitute your favorite vegetables; adding red pepper or green pepper, white onion for the green or red onion.
Adding feta cheese makes a nice variation, but since feta is quite salty itself start with less salt if you choose to add salt and pepper.
How long will Cucumber Feta Chickpea Salad stay fresh for?
The Cucumber Feta Chickpea Salad can stay fresh for up to 2-3 days when properly stored in the refrigerator. However, the salad's texture and taste may slightly change over time as the cucumbers release moisture and the flavors meld together. To maximize its freshness:
- Store in an airtight container: Transfer the salad to an airtight container or cover it tightly with plastic wrap. This helps prevent air exposure and slows down the oxidation process.
- Keep refrigerated: Place the container in the refrigerator and maintain a temperature of 40°F (4°C) or below. The cool temperature helps inhibit the growth of bacteria and prolongs the salad's freshness.
- Don't add dressing until serving: If you plan to store the salad for more than a day, it's best to keep the dressing separate. Add the dressing to individual servings just before eating to maintain the crispness of the vegetables.
- Give it a stir before serving: When you're ready to serve the salad, give it a gentle stir to redistribute the flavors and ensure an even mixture.
It's worth noting that the longer the salad is stored, the softer the cucumbers may become due to the moisture they release. If you prefer a crunchier texture, it's best to consume the salad within the first day or two. Always use your judgment and discard the salad if it shows any signs of spoilage, such as an off smell or slimy texture.
Other Salads You May Like:
- Watermelon Mint Feta Salad
- Chicken and Apple House Salad
- Grandma's Cucumber Salad
- Honey Ginger Salad
Cucumber Feta Chickpea Salad
- 1 can Garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
- 1 pt Cherry tomatoes cut in quarters
- 2 Cucumbers medium size
- ½ Chopped onions white
- ½ c Feta crumbled
- 1 c Zesty Italian Dressing
- In a large bowl, combine cucumber, tomato, chickpeas and onion.
- Add to Zesty Italian Dressing to the large bowl and toss to combine.
- Top off with crumbled feta and enjoy.
I hope you enjoy it. Please comment below and let me know what you think this salad should be paired with.