Having trouble getting your homemade cookies right? These double chocolate walnut cake mix cookies are your savior!
I’m always down for no-fail recipes. Ones that are not just easy to make, but also never go wrong. Sounds too good to be true? These double chocolate walnut cake mix cookies are just that!
They taste out of the world delicious, take minutes to make, and you can never go wrong with them.
Time to whip up these perfect little sweet treats girl!
Can I Use a Basic Chocolate Cake Mix?
You definitely can. I highly recommend using the chocolate fudge cake mix, since it has a much deeper chocolate flavor, which is exactly what you need to get that double chocolate flavor! And of course, you can use your own homemade cake mix too. Make sure you are generous with the cocoa powder, and you’re pretty much sorted.
Can I Make the Cake Mix Cookies Healthier?
Yes, there’s definitely scope to make these cake mix cookies healthier, especially if you’re planning to make them for your kiddos. Consider adding these ingredients into the mix to take the nutritive value of the cookies up a notch.
- Chopped pistachios
- Chopped pecans
- Chopped almonds
- Flaxseed powder
- Peanut butter chips
- Dark chocolate chips
You can also replace the cake mix with your own homemade chocolate cake mix, and use healthier ingredients like coconut oil, whole wheat or oat flour, jaggery instead of sugar for sweetness- you get the drill!
How Do I Store the Leftovers?
The fun part about making these cookies is that you can store them for later too! Just pop them in an airtight container and let them sit on the kitchen countertop or just any cool or dry place. You don’t even need to refrigerate these- they can stay fresh and soft for 3-4 days.
Tips to Make the Cake Mix Cookies
Got all your ingredients ready? Keep these little tips and tricks in mind to make sure you nail the recipe.
- Get your cake mix right. Different brands work differently. I’ve used Betty Crocker’s cake mix for this recipe, and I highly recommend you do too.
- I’ve used vegetable oil for this recipe, but you can opt for any other oil you prefer too. Just make sure you choose one that doesn’t have a very strong taste or aroma. And of course, you can use melted butter too!
- After you get the cookies out of the oven, wait for 3-4 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack and allowing them to cool down completely.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
Ready with the delicious cake mix cookies? You can enjoy them as-is, preferably when they’re nice and warm, just out of the oven, or even at room temperature.
You can also turn them into an elaborate dessert by serving them in a bowl along with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side, and a little drizzle of chocolate sauce or Nutella on the top!
Loved these and can’t wait to try your hands at some more fun cookie recipes? Here are a few options to get started on.
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cranberry Orange Cookies
- Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies
- Easy Strawberry Cookies
Double Chocolate Walnut Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 box chocolate fudge cake mix
- 2 eggs large
- ½ c vegetable oil
- ½ c chocolate chips
- ½ c chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add cake mix, eggs, and oil into a large bowl. Mix well with a large spoon until all ingredients are combined.
- Add chocolate chips and walnuts. Mix with a large spoon.
- Scoop dough using a cookie scoop, and place onto the parchment lined baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and transfer cookies to a cooling rack to cool.
Leave a Reply