Low carb, super flavorful and so easy to make! This bruschetta chicken recipe might just become your family’s next meal-time favorite!
On the hunt for a simple, classic chicken recipe that you can whip up for the entire family? This easy bruschetta chicken recipe does not disappoint. It has some delicious classic flavors and is super easy to whip up too.
But before you go give it a try, here’s what you need to know.
Can I Bake the Chicken?
While this recipe calls for pan-searing the chicken breasts on a skillet, you can totally choose to bake them too if that’s what you prefer.
Grilling the chicken is another great option as well. Just remember to use a non-stick cooking surface, and also spray a bit of cooking spray or grease the surface with a bit of oil to keep the chicken from sticking to it.
How Do I Store the Leftovers?
Guess what? You can actually pre-make the bruschetta chicken beforehand and store it for later. Just make sure you’re storing the chicken and the bruschetta mixture in separate airtight containers so it doesn’t turn into a big, soggy mess when you get it out.
Tips & Tricks to Nail the Bruschetta Chicken
Make sure you get the recipe right with these super tips and tricks.
- Seasoning the raw chicken well and allowing it to sit for a good 24 hours is the key to getting the flavors right in this recipe. However, you can still make it taste great when you’re whipping it up in a time crunch. Just make sure you allow the chicken to marinate for at least 30 minutes to allow it to soak up all the delicious flavors.
- Make sure the chicken is cooked to perfection, but isn’t dry. It should be nice and juicy before you top it with the bruschetta mixture.
- Want an extra punch of flavor? Add in some dried oregano, dried rosemary, dried thyme, and dried parsley along with a bit of kosher salt to the chicken marinade.
- If you have the time, make the bruschetta mixture beforehand and refrigerate it. This will help the flavors intensify even more.
- Reheating the dish? Just microwave the chicken, without the bruschetta mixture on the top.
- Looking to oomph up the flavors of this dish? Top the chicken and bruschetta mixture with some grated mozzarella cheese and give it a quick go in the microwave or oven until the cheese melts.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
The best part about this recipe is that it is super versatile and there are tons of sides you can pair it up with. Here are a few ideas to get you going.
- Pair the bruschetta chicken with a side salad like a honey ginger salad or, my personal favorite- grandma’s cucumber salad.
- Another excellent option is to team up the protein-rich chicken dish with a veggie side, like some baked green beans or oven-roasted radishes.
You can also whip up a little extra of that bruschetta mixture and then spread it on some bread slices, top with some grated cheese, and grill it until the cheese melts and voila- you’ve got a quick brunch or evening snack ready.
- 4 chicken breast
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tomato chopped, approx ½ cup
- 2-3 tsp garlic minced
- ¼ c red onion minced
- ¼ c basil shredded
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp greek seasoning optional
- Pat the chicken breasts dry and place them in a container with a lid.
- Pour in 3 Tablespoons of olive oil, all of the balsamic vinegar and 1 teaspoon of the minced garlic. You can also add Greek seasoning, if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Allow chicken to sit out for about 10 minutes before proceeding with cooking.
- Place 2 Tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken breasts to the skillet and cook through, about 8 minutes per side, until an inserted thermometer reads 165F.
- While the chicken is cooking, prepare your bruschetta topping.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the tomato, onion, basil, salt, lemon juice and remaining garlic and olive oil. Stir to combine, then taste and adjust, as desired.
- When the chicken is done cooking, remove from the skillet to your serving plate and divide the bruschetta mixture overtop.