Cheesy Bacon Ranch Chicken Wonton Cups are one of our favorite party appetizers. These are super easy to assemble and delicious! Ingredients include shredded chicken, bacon, cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, ranch seasoning, fresh parsley, and wonton wrappers.
- Why Cheesy Ranch Chicken Wonton Cups with Bacon is a Must-Try Appetizer:
- Other Flavors Can Be Made in the Wonton Cups:
- Can This Recipe Be Doubled?
- Can This Be Made With Fresh Bacon?
- Can this recipe be made ahead of time?
- Best Way to Store Leftover Wonton Cups:
- How to Warm Up Wonton Cup:
- Other Appetizers You Must Try:
- Cheesy Ranch Chicken Wonton Cups with Bacon
If you have been following me for a bit here, you know I love quick and easy recipes but also love sweets and appetizers. They are both good for events and when you are hosting a get-together. I especially love snacks that are cheesy, crunchy, and flavorful!
Why Cheesy Ranch Chicken Wonton Cups with Bacon is a Must-Try Appetizer:
Cheesy Ranch Chicken Wonton Cups with Bacon is a must-try appetizer for several delicious reasons. Here's why they are so enticing:
- Flavorful Combination: These appetizers bring together a delightful combination of flavors. The cheesy ranch chicken filling is creamy, tangy, and packed with savory herbs and spices. The addition of crispy bacon adds a smoky and salty element, making each bite incredibly flavorful.
- Textural Contrast: The wonton cups provide a crispy and delicate shell that contrasts beautifully with the creamy chicken filling. This combination of textures adds a satisfying crunch to the appetizer, enhancing the overall eating experience.
- Easy to Make: These wonton cups are relatively easy to prepare, making them a convenient option for parties, gatherings, or even as a delicious snack. With a few simple ingredients and a short cooking time, you can quickly have a crowd-pleasing appetizer ready.
- Versatile and Customizable: While the recipe calls for cheesy ranch chicken filling with bacon, you can easily customize it to suit your taste preferences or dietary needs. You can add other ingredients like diced vegetables, herbs, or spices to personalize the flavor profile.
- Eye-Catching Presentation: The wonton cups, with their golden-brown color and the contrasting colors of the cheesy filling and bacon, make for an eye-catching presentation. They can be arranged beautifully on a serving platter, adding visual appeal to your table spread.
- Crowd-Pleasing Appetizer: The combination of cheese, ranch, chicken, and bacon is a crowd-pleasing flavor profile that appeals to many palates. Whether you're hosting a casual get-together or a special occasion, these appetizers will surely be a hit and disappear quickly.
- Perfect for Any Occasion: Cheesy Ranch Chicken Wonton Cups with Bacon are versatile and suitable for various occasions. They can be served as an appetizer at parties, game nights, potlucks, or even as a snack during movie nights. They offer a delicious and satisfying bite-sized treat that everyone can enjoy.
In summary, these appetizers offer a tantalizing combination of flavors, textures, and visual appeal. With their convenience, customizability, and crowd-pleasing nature, Cheesy Ranch Chicken Wonton Cups with Bacon are a must-try appetizer that will impress your guests and leave them craving more.
Other Flavors Can Be Made in the Wonton Cups:
Besides the chicken bacon ranch that is a favorite in our house, we like to make jalapeno popper, spicy buffalo, BBQ, and lemon pepper with leftover rotisserie chicken to keep things quick and easy.
Can This Recipe Be Doubled?
Absolutely. You should be able to bake two muffin tins to double this up. If you are making these for a party, I highly recommend doubling them as they go quickly.
Can This Be Made With Fresh Bacon?
You bet! If you have some leftover bacon from breakfast that morning or want to cook a package before making this recipe, that will work great.
I have even tried maple bacon, which adds a sweet maple flavor, especially for my sweet tooth. I am sure you have checked out the desserts here, right?
Can this recipe be made ahead of time?
You bet. Sometimes I prep and place the mixture in the fridge until we are ready to serve. Fortunately, this recipe is so quick that either way is easy enough.
Best Way to Store Leftover Wonton Cups:
To store leftover wonton cups, follow these steps for the best results:
- Allow the Wonton Cups to Cool: Before storing, ensure that the Wonton cups have completely cooled down to room temperature. This helps prevent condensation and maintains the crispness of the cups.
- Place in an Airtight Container: Transfer the leftover wonton cups to an airtight container. Ensure the container is clean and dry. If you don't have an airtight container, you can also use a resealable plastic bag.
- Layer with Parchment or Wax Paper: To prevent the wonton cups from sticking together, place a layer of parchment or wax paper between each cup. This helps maintain their shape and prevents them from getting soggy.
- Store in a Cool, Dry Place: Place the container in a cool, dry area such as a pantry or cupboard. Avoid storing them in the refrigerator, as the moisture can cause the wonton cups to become soft and lose their crispness.
- Consume Within a Few Days: Wonton cups are best when consumed fresh, as they tend to lose their crispness over time. Ideally, try to consume the leftover wonton cups within 2-3 days for the best taste and texture.
- Reheat Before Serving (Optional): If you want to restore some of the crispness, you can reheat the wonton cups in an oven or air fryer at a low temperature for a few minutes. This can help revive their crunchiness before serving.
Following these steps, you can adequately store leftover wonton cups and maintain their texture for a short period. Just remember to consume them within a few days for the best quality.
How to Warm Up Wonton Cup:
To warm up wonton cups, follow these steps:
- Preheat the Oven: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) to warm up the wonton cups.
- Arrange the Wonton Cups: Place the desired number of Wonton cups on a baking sheet or oven-safe dish. Make sure to leave some space between each cup for even heating.
- Cover with Foil (Optional): If you're concerned about the wonton cups becoming too crispy or drying out, you can cover them loosely with aluminum foil. This helps retain moisture during the reheating process.
- Heat in the Oven: Place the baking sheet with the wonton cups in the oven. Let them warm up for approximately 5-8 minutes or until they are heated through. The exact time may vary based on the size and thickness of the wonton cups.
- Check for Warmth: After a few minutes, check the wonton cups by gently touching one with your finger. They should be warm throughout but not overly crispy or burnt.
- Serve Immediately: Once the wonton cups are warmed, remove them from the oven and serve immediately. They are now ready to be filled or enjoyed as desired.
It's important to note that reheating wonton cups may cause them to become slightly less crispy compared to when they are freshly made. However, warming them in the oven helps restore some of their texture and ensures they are heated evenly.
Remember, the reheating time may vary based on the size and thickness of the wonton cups, so keep a close eye on them to avoid overcooking. Enjoy your warmed-up Wonton cups!
Other Appetizers You Must Try:
Cheesy Ranch Chicken Wonton Cups with Bacon
- 12 wonton wrappers
- 1 c shredded chicken
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- ⅔ c cheddar cheese shredded, set aside 2 tbsp
- ½ c bacon pieces set aside 2 tsp
- ⅓ c sour cream
- 1 oz packet ranch seasoning
- fresh parsley for garnish
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray the cavities of a muffin pan with cooking spray, and add a wonton wrapper to each cavity. Gently press down and to the sides to form a cup. You want to pinch the wrapper together into the flower shape, insert it into the baking cup, and then gently press it into place.)
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- While that is baking, add the chicken, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, sour cream, bacon pieces, and ranch seasoning to a large bowl, and stir to combine.
- Divide the mixture between the wonton cups, then sprinkle with the extra cheddar cheese and bacon pieces.
- Bake for 7 minutes.
- Chop the parsley while they are baking. Once finished baking, remove from the oven, and sprinkle with chopped parsley.