This classic chicken recipe is simple to put together and delicious! Just 30 minutes from start to finish, two ingredients for this perfect baked chicken recipe.
Sometimes my days are just too busy to think about how I will prepare dinner. When I know I have food at home but am not in the mood to cook and don't want to spend the money on takeout, this lemon pepper chicken is one of my go-to's. It is such a flavorful yet effortless way of cooking chicken. It can be paired with any side because lemon and pepper are versatile flavors.
Serving Ideas and Suggestions
When putting together a meal based on my selected protein, I include at least a vegetable and a carb. Here are a few of my favorite pairings for chicken with lemon pepper.
You can use any fresh, frozen, or canned vegetables. My family likes broccoli, asparagus, green beans, and Brussel sprouts the most. Whatever you choose, there are many different ways to prepare them that go well with the chicken. Try the vegetables roasted, steamed, or stir-fried. If you need a recipe recommendation, try my delicious and crispy Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Cauliflower.
Another great option is to slice up the chicken and put it on top of a salad. You could make a green salad with your favorite toppings, and to make this a more balanced meal add in some grains and seeds or nuts for some added carbs and healthy fats. This chicken is also fantastic on a caesar salad, as the lemon pepper seasoning complements it well.
Some of my quick go-to carb options are rice and quinoa. If I have a little more time, I might make some roasted sweet potatoes, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, or my favorite Air Fryer Bacon and Cheese Potato Slices.
When in doubt, it is so easy to throw everything together in pasta. Slice up your cooked chicken and vegetables and toss it all together with a garlic butter sauce. Top with some grated parmesan and a side of warm Irish Soda Bread.
If you love the crockpot and want to prep this meal in advance, try making Slow Cooker Lemon Pepper Chicken.
5 Surprising Health Benefits of Eating Lemon Pepper Chicken Regularly
Eating lemon pepper chicken regularly can offer several surprising health benefits. Here are five of them:
- Vitamin C Boost: Lemons, a key ingredient in lemon pepper chicken, are rich in vitamin C. Regularly consuming vitamin C helps strengthen the immune system, promotes collagen production for healthy skin and connective tissues, and acts as an antioxidant to protect against free radicals.
- Anti-Inflammatory Properties: Both lemons and black pepper, a common component of lemon pepper seasoning, possess anti-inflammatory properties. Consuming lemon pepper chicken regularly may help reduce inflammation in the body, which is beneficial for conditions such as arthritis and inflammatory bowel diseases.
- Digestive Aid: Lemon pepper chicken can support digestion. Lemon juice contains citric acid, which aids food breakdown and enhances digestion. Additionally, black pepper stimulates the production of digestive enzymes and improves nutrient absorption.
- Weight Management: Lemon pepper chicken can be a helpful addition to a weight management plan. Lemon juice contains pectin, a type of soluble fiber that can promote feelings of fullness and reduce appetite. Furthermore, the zesty flavor of lemon pepper seasoning can enhance the taste of dishes without adding excessive calories.
- Flavorful Alternative to Salt: Lemon pepper seasoning can be a flavorful alternative to salt. Using lemon pepper seasoning on the chicken can reduce your sodium intake, which is beneficial for maintaining healthy blood pressure levels and reducing the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
While lemon pepper chicken offers these potential health benefits, it's important to note that the overall healthfulness of the dish depends on the cooking method and other ingredients used. For example, grilling or baking the chicken instead of deep-frying it can help reduce added fats and calories. Additionally, pairing lemon pepper chicken with a variety of vegetables or whole grains can further enhance its nutritional value.
You Might Also Like
If you liked this recipe and want easier dinner ideas, try these fun ways to cook protein for a delicious dinner staple!
Orange Rosemary Slow Cooker Pork Chops
Chicken with Lemon Pepper
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breats
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tsp lemon pepper
- 2 lemons
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Brush olive oil on both sides of the chicken.
- Sprinkle lemon pepper over both sides of the chicken. Place in a 9 inch casserole dish.
- Slice the lemons, and place on top of chicken, and inside the casserole dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes, then slice and serve.
Leave a Reply