A Keto-friendly pumpkin donut with a maple cream cheese frosting that is so creamy and amazing it will be hard to only have one.
This deliciously satisfying pumpkin donuts with maple cream cheese frosting would make you think that it is terrible for you. In reality, though, there is no sugar as Stevia was used in the process.
Making a good donut and sugar-free frosting takes a little imagination, a whole lot of experimentation, and acceptance of the fact that comparing them to a sugary, traditional treat is often unfair.
However, after not having sugar for a bit, you will taste the difference in how food once tasted when you ate sugar vs. when you didn’t. For instance, I stopped using creamer in my coffee, and no sweets I noticed a difference in what I thought tasted good compared to what I thought tasted good previously.
What type of sugar is used in these donuts?
I used Stevia in the icing and the donuts. It is much sweeter than the traditional, so you want to start with half a teaspoon and slowly add more till you get the taste you desire.
What are the benefits of pumpkin?
I never knew how much nutritional benefits pumpkin has, and it is truly amazing. Here are a few of the top benefits:
- Highly Nutritious and Particularly Rich in Vitamin A
- High Antioxidant Content Which May Reduce Your Risk of Chronic Diseases
- Packs Vitamins That May Boost Immunity, Protect Eyesight
- Nutrient Density and Low-Calorie Count Which May Promote Weight Loss
- Potassium, Vitamin C and Fiber May Benefit Heart Health
- Contains Compounds That Promote Healthy Skin
Are these pumpkin donuts Keto-friendly?
Keto Pumpkin Donuts with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
For the Pumpkin Donuts
- 2 c Finely Ground Almond Flour
- ¼ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs room temperature
- ¼ c Unsalted Butter melted and cooled to room temperature
- ¾ c Organic Pumpkin Puree
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp Stevia
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Ground Nutmeg
- ¼ tsp Ground Ginger
- ⅛ tsp All Spice
- ⅛ tsp Ground Cloves
For the Icing
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 2 tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp Stevia
- 2 tbsp Heavy Cream
For the Donuts
- Heat oven to 375°F and lightly greese the donut pan.
- Fold together all the ingredients together.
- Spoon the thick batter into the donut pan, using ¼ to ⅓ cup of batter for each donut.
- Bake until the donuts are lightly browned on top and a toothpick inserted into a donut comes out clean, 15 to 17 minutes.
- Allow donuts cool for 10 minutes in the pan before removing
- Continue cooling the donuts on a wire rack.
For the Frosting
- Gather all ingredients and allow to sit on the counter for 2 to 3-hours till cream cheese is at room temperature.
- Place all ingredients into a bowl and then use an electric mixer until smooth
- Taste and adjust stevia and add more if needed for your preference of sweetness.
- This recipe only makes one cup of frosting if you need more simply double the ingredients and keep refrigerated if any is left over.
- Always keep your baked goods with cream cheese frosting in the refrigerator or they will spoil.
I can't wait to hear how much you enjoyed these!