This Honey Rum Chicken is a family grilling favorite. It’s super simple to make using seasoned chicken breasts that are marinated then grilled until tender. It’s sheer perfection served over rice to guarantee you won’t waste a drop of the glorious honey rum sauce. It culminates in one more tasty way to shake-up your poultry menu.
Chicken With Its Honey Rum Glaze Packs A Punch Of Inspired Flavors
My family loves the sweet and spicy flavors of this chicken and its spicy honey rum marinate.
It’s a reminder of the flavors we enjoyed on the surprise late fall cruise we took to celebrate our anniversary. Believe me, there’s no better place to be when it’s cold outside than soaking up the sun on an island.
Of course, the food on the cruise ship was spectacular and we dined on every delicacy under the sun. Or, it seemed that way. When we returned home, this was one of the dishes I was inspired to make and the clean plate club told me that it was a home run.
It all begins with the Marinade
The marinade for this island-inspired chicken combines, citrus flavors, a little heat, and finishes it off with a hint of rum. Serve it alongside your favorite rice pilaf and drizzle the spicy honey-rum glaze on top.
Great memories, fresh flavors, and a spectacular dinner sure to become a family fave.
Honey Rum Chicken
Delicious and juicy chicken with a hint of spice that makes your taste buds want more with the sweet and spicy flavor
- ¼ c Rum
- ¼ c Lime juice Fresh
- ¼ c Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Honey
- ½ tbsp Sriracha or favorite hot sauce
- 1 ½ lbs Boneless, Skinless chicken breast
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Combine rum, lime juice, soy sauce, honey, and hot sauce
- Microwave for 30 seconds & stir until well combined
- Pour marinade over chicken and let sit for at least 30 minutes at room temperature
- Spray a baking dish with nonstick spray
- Add chicken and marinade to dish and bake at 400 for 30-40 minutes or until tender
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
This chicken is fabulous over white or flavored rice and steamed veggies Garnish can include fresh lime wedges and cilantro
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
I cannot wait to try this. I think I’ll pick up the ingredients today! Thank you for sharing 😉