I am a huge fan of anything pumpkin! Pumpkin bread is a type of moist quick bread made with pumpkin. Using canned pumpkin makes it an easier way to make and enjoy with a nice cup of pumpkin spice coffee or tea.
You may have noticed so I have been sharing lots of pumpkin recipes lately like pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, pumpkin donuts, pumpkin muffins, and pumpkin dip. I still have more to come too so you will want to stay tuned!
How do you know when pumpkin bread is done?
When you near the end of the bake time (30-40 minutes), insert a toothpick or knife into the center of the bread while it's still in the oven. If the tester comes out clean, the bread is ready to be removed. Another sign is that the edges will brown and start to pull away from the pan.
How long do I bake it if I put it all in one loaf pan?
You will want to bake it still at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, but for 50-60 minutes.
Can I make this recipe with cake mix?
No, we don't recommend making this recipe with cake mix.
How do you keep pumpkin bread moist?
To keep pumpkin bread moist, wrap it in foil or plastic wrap store in an airtight container. Pumpkin bread will keep at room temperature for two days. To preserve the loaf for longer, place in the refrigerator for up to a week or in the freezer for 2-3 months.
- 1 ½ c Sugar
- 1 ½ c Brown sugar
- 1 c Vegetable oil
- 4 Eggs large
- 15 oz Canned pumpkin Libby's
- 3 ½ c Flour
- ⅔ c Water
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Allspice
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Cloves
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour two - 9x5 loaf pans
- In a large bowl, mix together sugars, flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, allspice, cinnamon, and cloves.
- Then add vegetable oil, eggs, water, and pumpkin.
- Divide batter between the 2 prepared loaf pans
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until the tester comes out clean.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before removing from the pan and serving.
I hope you enjoy it!