Soft, slightly crispy, and with the flavors of fall singing through it all, these pumpkin spice biscuit donuts are definitely worth a try.
What Are Air Fryer Cinnamon Pumpkin Spice Biscuit Donuts?
These are exactly what they sound like. Slightly crispy on the outside and pillowy soft on the inside- these donuts have that classic fall flavors that you can never go wrong with. Plus, they are made in an air fryer, which means you won’t need to spend all that time frying them and then feel guilty when you dig into them!
Why the Recipe Works
There are so many reasons why these pumpkin spice biscuit donuts might just become your next all-time favorite fall treat.
- It is super easy to put together.
- You’ll need just a few basic ingredients to make it.
- The prep time is hardly a few minutes.
- It is a no-fail recipe, perfect if you aren’t really proud of your cooking skills.
- It tastes amazing!
What Can I Use Instead of Pumpkin Pie Spice?
Pumpkin pie spice is an absolute must for this recipe. It is what lends the donuts that classic fall flavor that you are looking for. However, if you have run out of it, you can use a mixture of some ginger, nutmeg, clove or allspice.
What Can I Use Instead of Biscuit Dough?
Pillsbury biscuit dough is undoubtedly the best choice for this recipe. It is simple to work with and gives you impeccable results every single time. You can, of course, also use homemade biscuit dough if you want to.
Tips to Make the Pumpkin Spice Biscuit Donuts
Ready to give this easy recipe a shot? You might want to keep these little tips and tricks in mind to make sure you nail the recipe.
- You can use either granulated sugar or powdered sugar for the recipe. Granulated sugar will give you that nice slight caramelization that will elevate the flavors of the donuts.
- The air fryer gives your donuts a nice crispy outer and a soft inside, which is exactly what you are looking for. Deep frying it isn’t recommended since the donuts are covered in sugar and pumpkin spice from the outside.
- If you really want to, you can deep fry the donuts in a cast iron pan or another pan that has decent heat retention. Then, just allow them to cool down slightly, dip them in the butter, and cover them in the mixture of sugar, cinnamon and pumpkin spice.
- To take these pumpkin spice biscuit donuts up a notch, you can also sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds on the top before serving.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
The beauty of these donuts is the fact that they are super versatile and taste great as is. You don’t really need to go through any extra effort to serve them. However, if you really want to, you can pair them with another fall-inspired sweet treat like some orange cinnamon rolls or some braided apple cinnamon bread, or even a classic caramel apple dump cake.
Air Fryer Cinnamon Pumpkin Spice Biscuit Donuts
- 1 tube 8 large biscuits
- ½ c sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ c butter melted
- Heat the air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Cut each biscuit into 4 pieces.
- Mix together the sugar, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Melt the butter.
- Using your hands, roll a piece of biscuit into a ball, dip in butter, then roll in the sugar mixture.
- Place sugar coated biscuits in the air fryer, ½" - 1" apart.
- Fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from air fryer, and roll in the sugar mixture again.