On the hunt for a flavourful and crunchy low carb snack to munch on? This everything bagel keto crackers recipe is worth a shot!
Your keto journey might be going great, but snack time is where most people go weak in the knees and if that’s the case with you too, here’s a bit of help. These everything bagel keto crackers are just what you need- super crispy and crunchy and the perfect delicious bite sized snack to munch on.
Plus, they’re- they literally take just minutes to make. Ready to go ahead and give them a shot? Here’s what you’ll need, and some cool tips and tricks to make sure you nail the recipe!
Can I Use Another Cheese Instead?
So the recipe calls for cheddar cheese, which, in my opinion, is actually the best kind of cheese to use while making these crackers. They hold the cracker together nicely and give it that extra crunch factor while lending it that depth of flavour.
You can also use a mix of Parmesan and Romano cheese or Swiss and Cheddar cheese. In fact, if you do not have any of these, you can also make do with cream cheese. Of course, you’ll need to skip adding the water to the mix in that case.
How Can I Make these Healthier?
By simply adding one or more seeds to the dough mix, you can actually make these keto crackers even more healthy! Flaxseed, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds are all excellent choices to consider. They taste great, add a lot of nutritive value and pack in some crunch factor to the crackers as well.
Tips & Tricks
With just four ingredients to name when it comes to making these crackers, going wrong may seem too far fetched, but let’s not get too optimistic. Keep these little tips and tricks in mind to get that batch of perfectly crunchy and crispy crackers within the next 20 something minutes.
- Like your crackers to be super crispy? Roll out the dough a bit more thinner.
- If your crackers have become soft, you can actually make them crispy again. Allow them to cool down first and then pop them in the oven for another 5-7 minutes. Easy!
- To make slicing the dough easier, use a pizza cutter instead of a knife.
- Crackers can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature, where they will be fresh for up to 3 days.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
While these crackers taste absolutely divine on their own, you can also consider teaming them up with some other foods to take them up a notch. Here are a few ideas to get you started on.
- Team them up with a nice dip, like this Keto BLT dip or any other low carb dip.
- Serve it alongside some keto chili on the days you’re craving for some comfort food.
- You can also top the crackers with some low carb veggies like mashed avocado or sliced olives or chopped scallions.
- And of course, you can never go wrong with some guacamole. Look up a simple low carb version and you’re sorted.
Everything Bagel Keto Crackers
- 1 c almond flour
- 1 c cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 tbsp everything bagel seasoning
- 1 tsp water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all of the ingredients to a food processor or high-speed blender. Blend well until all ingredients are combined.
- Roll the dough out on a sheet of parchment paper on the counter, or a flat surface, until it is about ¼ inch thick.
- Slice the dough into squares, then again into triangles.
- Arrange uncooked crackers onto parchment lined baking sheet, and bake for 7 minutes on one side. Flip crackers, then bake for an additional 7-9 minutes on the other side.
- Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack.
- Once crackers are completely cooled, store in an airtight container for up to one week.