Creamy, flavor-packed, and super easy to make- this cheeseburger soup recipe is all set to take your taste buds on a ride.
The cold winter nights are all about jumping onto the couch and digging into a bowl of warm, comforting soup. And while you might have a ton of soup ideas and recipes buzzing around in your head, there’s nothing that beats the flavor of this cheeseburger soup.
Give it a try, and who knows- it might just become your next favorite winter soup!
Can I Use Another Cheese?
While cheddar cheese is actually the best choice for this recipe, considering the nice sharp taste it lends to the soup, you can also opt for another kind of cheese if that’s what you prefer. Velveeta cheese is the next best choice particularly for soups since it melts wonderfully and will give your soup that richness and creaminess that nothing else can. If you don’t prefer Velveeta, you could use swiss cheese, which again, has a low melting point.
If you want your cheeseburger soup to have that little kick, use pepper jack cheese.
How Do I Store the Leftovers?
Your leftover cheeseburger soup can stay good in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Just remember to allow it to cool down completely before you transfer it to a clean, airtight container. When you plan to reheat it, remember to add just a little bit of broth or water to loosen the soup up and get it to the right texture.
You can also freeze the soup if you want to store it for longer than 4 days, but remember that the potatoes will start to lose their texture and will turn grainy the longer you freeze them.
Tips & Tricks to Nail the Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
Ready to give this incredibly flavorful cheeseburger soup recipe a shot? Wait up! Don’t forget to keep these little tips and tricks in mind.
- Using ground beef is the best choice for this soup, but if you don’t have it, you could make do with ground turkey or ground chicken too. Just remember that the cooking time will differ based on the kind of protein you choose.
- To lend some extra creaminess and a bit of tangy taste, you can also add some sour cream towards the end, and let the soup simmer for a few minutes before you take it off heat.
- Don’t mind a bit of spice? Throw some chopped jalapenos in along with the potatoes!
- Want the soup to be a little more healthy? Add some chopped mushrooms, bell peppers and some basil leaves into the mix.
- To bring some more freshness to the soup, you can also top it with a sprinkle of chopped green onions.
How to Serve the Cheeseburger Soup
While you can always enjoy the soup on its own, team it up with some dinner rolls or buttered bread to mop up all those delicious juices later. And of course, if you want to make it into a complete meal, you can also have some air fryer chicken wings or some BBQ nachos.
- 1 lb ground meat
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 celery rib chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp flour
- 4 c beef broth
- 2 potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 c cheddar cheese shredded
- ¼ c ketchup
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 c milk
- toasted hamburger buns
- shredded lettuce
- sliced pickles
- Cook the meat with onion, celery, and garlic until done.
- Stir in flour, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add broth and potatoes.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato paste, ketchup, mustard, and cheese.
- Bring to a gentle boil then stir in the milk.
- Garnish, serve, and enjoy!