I love nachos they can be made as a tasty appetizer for friends or family to enjoy or they can be a meal. You can literally customize nachos to your own taste buds.
Today I will be sharing with you about BBQ nachos. My husband often spokes and grills our meat during the spring, summer, and fall months dependent on the weather. With the leftovers of pork or chicken, I am able to make these BBQ nachos.
The History behind Nachos:
Per Fox News, Nachos were invented by a (now-legendary) maître d’ named Ignacio Anaya, who whipped up the first batch for a group of hungry U.S. military wives at a restaurant called the Victory Club in Piedras Negras, Mexico, near Fort Duncan. He fried up some tortilla chips, topped them with some shredded Cheddar and sliced jalapeños, and served them as canapés. He named them after his nickname, Nacho, and the rest is history.
What to put on BBQ Nachos:
and many more.
If you have picky eaters or just a crowd that can’t agree on what toppings they like, you can bake your nachos with just the cheese. Then, set out the remaining ingredients and let your family or guests top their nachos individually after baking. This can be a fun way to serve nachos at a party, allowing you to create a nacho bar, so to speak.
- 1-2 c Shredded cheese
- 4 tbsp Chopped green onions
- 1/4 c BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 c Greek Yogurt
- 1-2 c (leftover) pulled pork or chicken
- 1 pkg Frozen french fries
- 1/4 c Shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 c Honey Mustard
- Fresh cilantro (for garnish)
- Cook the french fries per the package instructions
- Once the fries are cooked, add pulled pork or chicken and cheese.
- Place back into the oven for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add green onions and red cabbage.
- Drizzle BBQ sauce, Greek yogurt, and honey mustard generously on top.
- Top with fresh chopped cilantro if you wish and then Enjoy!
While leftovers are a very good thing in most cases, the same cannot be said for nachos. The unfortunate reality is that nachos are the best served immediately type of food. Reheating leftover nachos almost always leads to soggy nachos.
Please share below in the comments your favorite things to put on nachos.