Here is a light and tasty recipe, Wasabi Glazed Tilapia, from a combination the soy sauce, horseradish, and oil in a bowl. If you are out or running low on horseradish you can use ¼tsp of Wasabi Powder.
I am one of those people that loves a fresh-caught perfectly grilled piece of fish that just flakes as soon as the metal from the fork touches it. After being raised in Florida and moving out of the state it has become increasingly harder to find fresh wild-caught fish for a reasonable price.
What kind of fish is Tilapia?
Tilapia is the fourth-most consumed fish in the United States dating back to 2002. It is commonly found in freshwater environments. The popularity of tilapia came about due to its low price, easy preparation, and mild taste making it tasty for the average person.
Other Ways to Cook Wasabi-Glazed Tilapia
Grilling Method - Grill over medium heat for 8 to 12 minutes or until fish just flakes easily when tested with a fork. Gently turning once halfway through grilling.
Charcoal Grilling Method - Grill fish directly over medium coals for 8 to 12 minutes or until fish just flakes easily when tested with a fork. Gently turning once halfway through grilling.
Side dishes that pair well with Wasabi-Glazed Tilapia:
My favorite side dish to pair this tasty tilapia with is a nice crisp green salad or zucchini noodles. However, it is really up to you what you choose to pair it with as we have paired it with noodles in a zesty lemon sauce too.
Other Seafood Recipes You May Like:
Keto Wasabi-Glazed Tilapia
- 4 tilapia fillets fresh or frozen
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp horseradish
- 1 tsp oil
- Preheat the oven broiler.
- Thaw fish fillets if frozen (I put mine in a bowl of hot water. It only takes a few minutes for them to thaw completely).
- Rinse fish and pat dry.
- Spray broiler pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place fish fillets on broiler pan.
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, horseradish, and oil till blended.
- Brush soy sauce mixture on fish fillets.
- Place broiler pan underneath heating element in your oven and cook for approximately 7 minutes till fish is completely done (fish should be opaque and flakey).
- Serve and enjoy!
Please comment below and let me know what you think, as share this recipe with your friends and family. As your sharing helps us continue to grow and provide great family recipes for the whole family to enjoy.