If you haven’t heard about Skittles vodka, you’ve been missing out. There are a couple of different ways to make it. This recipe – or, really, it’s more of a method – takes you through the process of making Skittles vodka and turning it into a cocktail for you to enjoy this 4th of July.
Didn’t use all the Skittles?
I found a fun game with Skittles that will make your child think about kindness and thankfulness! Now with the 4th of July around the corner, I was determined to create a cocktail. This Skittles USA cocktail is a winner to keep you sane with your littles.
Do I separate out all the Skittles into individual jars?
This is entirely up to you. I did not.
However, it looks lovely when you separate out the Skittles into their own individual mason jars of vodka before you do the infusion, the result is a vivid color of vodka. The Skittles taste, either Grape, Strawberry, Lime, Lemon, or Orange, is quite strong. It’s also quite sweet so I do not recommend drinking before mixing.
There is a problem. It’s not as easy as just dropping in the Skittles into vodka and taking a sip. The Skittles must dissolve and that takes a little time. About a day, in fact.
What is the Ratio of Skittles to Vodka?
I did 70 skittles to 7oz of Vodka
Skittles USA Cocktail
- 1 ½ c Vodka
- ½ c Traditional Skittles
- ½ c Sugar
- 1 ½ oz Skittles Vodka
- 1 oz Cherry juice
- 1 oz Lemonade
- 2 oz Sprite
Skittles Vodka Creation
- Pour 6 cups of Vodka into the Instant Pot
- Add the skittles and the sugar
- Seal the lid and set it to manual high for 3 minutes
- Allow to naturally release for 15 minutes
- Pour the liquid into mason jars and shake vigorously for a minute
- Place the jar in a cool place for 24 hours
- Strain the candy bits
- Seal again until use.
- In a tall bar shaker add all ingredients and shake to combine
Don’t have 24 hours to wait? Here is the quick way to make Skittles Vodka.
If you want to make it more quickly, cut the skittles in half before putting them into vodka. Shake every 15 minutes. They’ll dissolve in an hour instead of a day.
What are other mixes I can use for Skittles Vodka?
- Mix it with ginger ale, 7-up, or Sprite to taste
- Mix it with a diet coke to taste (diet coke cuts the sweetness a little)
- Serve it on the rocks to water it down a little
- Mix it with fruit juice.
- Spike beer with it. A good pale ale will taste great with most Skittles flavors.
- Everyone’s taste varies – there are so many directions you can take this drink in, you really should try anything that sounds good to you!
Remember to always drink responsibly!