With just 3 ingredients and a few minutes of prep and cooking time, these keto deviled eggs are the perfect snack to whip up!
I’m always down for snacks and appetizers that are versatile and delicious, and yet, don’t take a lot of kitchen time. And guess what? These keto deviled eggs are just that! They tick all the boxes, are super healthy, and are the perfect snack to whip up when you’re on a low-carb diet.
While my simple take on it requires literally just three ingredients, you can still experiment a bit, and take things your way. Scroll down and keep reading to discover how to make it and some quick tips and tricks to make sure you get it right!
How Can I Quickly Peel the Hard Boiled Eggs?
Do you find peeling hard-boiled eggs a task? You’re not alone. Guess what? It’s actually pretty easy if you do it the right way.
- Remember to choose eggs that are not too fresh.
- Drop the eggs in boiling hot water instead of just placing them in a pot of water and then letting it come up to a boil.
- After you’re done, consider shocking the eggs in a pot of ice-cold water.
- Crack the egg by bumping it against a hard surface and once the shell starts to come off, place the egg in a pot of water and peel the rest of it underwater.
How Can I Make the Keto Deviled Eggs Healthier?
These keto deviled eggs are not just for those trying to stick to a low-carb diet. They’re actually a wonderful protein source and have the potential to be even more healthy.
Add a bit of mashed avocado to the egg yolk mixture to make it more healthy or sneak in a bit of hummus for some extra protein power and flavor.
You can also experiment with toppings and use some fresh veggies and foods like olives, tomatoes, radish, dill, broccoli, and more.
And finally, squeeze a bit of lemon juice over the top right before you serve. This will bring out the flavors and give you an extra vitamin C boost!
Tips & Tricks
While making these simple keto deviled eggs may not seem like a lot of brainwork, there are still some tips and tricks you can follow to take things up a notch.
- Before you begin boiling the eggs, make sure they’re at room temperature. This will help the eggs cook evenly.
- If you’re someone who always gets confused about how long to cook the eggs to hard boil them, let them stay in the pot of water for about 10-12 minutes even after you’ve taken it off the heat.
- You can also boil the eggs in your Instant Pot or microwave if that’s what you find convenient.
Loved this easy appetizer? Looking for some more ideas for fun and quick appetizers and snacks to serve at the next party you’re hosting? Here are a few ideas to get you started.
Keto Deviled Eggs
- 6 eggs large
- ⅓ c mayo with avocado oil
- paprika optional
- Add eggs to a medium saucepan and fill half way with water.
- Heat over high heat, and boil for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cover and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water until eggs are no longer warm.
- Lightly tap eggs on a hard surface, gently roll around and peel eggs.
- Rinse eggs.
- Cut each egg in half, adding the cooked yolk to a small bowl, then set whites on a plate or tray.
- Using a fork, mash the yolks until there are no clumps.
- Add mayo with avocado oil and still well.
- Fill eggs with yolk mixture. One easy way to do this is by placing a ziplock bag into a cup, folding the sides of the bag around the rim of the cup, and filling the bag with the egg mixture. Cut off about ½ inch of the corner of the bag, and squeeze yolk mixture into each egg.
- Sprinkle a bit of paprika on each egg.
- Chill, and serve.