Perfect for when you're craving for something crunchy and salty, these keto garlic cheese chips make for a quick and easy low carb option.
If you’re on the keto diet and are finding your snack options to be a bit limited, you’re not alone. While it can be tough to enjoy something crispy, crunchy, and delicious to munch on when you’re hit by a pang, it doesn’t always have to be that way.
Here’s an insanely easy and delicious low-carb snack recipe to try out- keto garlic cheese chips. They literally take minutes to make, and are perfect with that crunch factor.
But before you dive right into the recipe, here’s a quick rundown of the basics with some cool tips and tricks to help you out.
Making Them the Right Way
You’ll notice how the keto garlic cheese chips require just 2 ingredients- garlic powder and cheese. It doesn’t get simpler than that right? Wrong. Here are a few tips to keep in mind before you get started.
- Make sure you preheat your oven well. Do this while you’re shredding the cheese.
- If you don’t have shredded cheese, you can also use cheese slices instead. Just cut a slice into four quarters and use them.
- Don’t forget the parchment paper- even if you have a non-stick tray, the parchment paper will help keep the cheese from burning, and also makes the post baking clean-up easy!
- Make sure you allow the cheese chips to cool down completely before you remove them.
Can I Refrigerate Them For Later?
The cheese chips can last for up to a week at room temperature, but if you’re keen on storing them for later, you can refrigerate them too. Just make sure you place them in a sealed container and you’re good to go!
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
And now comes the fun part! There’s actually tons you can do with these garlic cheese chips! Here are some fun suggestions and ideas to get started on.
- Team it up with a nice keto friendly dip to make it a fun snack to munch on when you’re just chilling after a long day at work, or on a weekend evening.
- If you don’t have garlic powder, you can totally skip that. Sprinkling a bit of it on the shredded cheese can really take it to the next level in my opinion. And of course, you can experiment with the seasonings too- paprika tastes amazing especially if you don’t mind a spicy kick.
- If you’re planning on making these keto garlic cheese chips for a little get-together you’re hosting at home, you can team them up with some low carb guacamole or a nice keto salsa.
- And of course, there’s always the ultimate combo of cheese and buffalo sauce! You can make a quick spicy buffalo dip by combining shredded chicken, hot sauce, and cream cheese.
- These cheese chips can also be used as a keto friendly substitute for crackers. Enjoy them with some keto hummus, or best of all, just crunch up a few using your hands, and sprinkle them on a bowl of soup.
- You can also try loading the shredded cheese with a sliced jalapeno or olive before you pop them in the oven to make your own version of loaded chips!
Keto Garlic Cheese Chips
- parchment paper
- cheddar cheese shredded
- garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add small spoonfuls of cheese to the parchment lined baking sheet, making a round shape, about 1 - 1 ½ inch in diameter.
- Sprinkle a small amount of garlic powder on each pile of cheese.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes until cheese is lightly golden.
- Remove from oven, and place baking sheet on a cooling rack, until completely cool.
- Remove cheese chips, and store in an airtight bag or jar for up to one week at room temperature.