Rich, creamy, and caffeinated, these Mocha Espresso Truffles are a coffee lover's dream come true! They make a great gift for chocolate lovers!
To me, these truffles are proof that simple recipes can still be truly exceptional! All you need is a handful of quality ingredients, a good method, and a little patience, and voilà, you have mocha espresso truffles that rival the ones you’d see for sale in the window of a fancy candy shop.
How to make Homemade Coffee Truffles
Tips and Tricks for Recipe Success:
- Coffee and chocolate are flavor soulmates. They blend effortlessly, complement each other, don’t overwhelm…. you get it. They just work. And because they are the dominant flavors in this recipe, I highly suggest using the best quality you can find.
- Do not skip the espresso powder! I used King Arthur Espresso Powder and loved it! One jar will last you a LONG time! And once you have it, you can make other espresso recipes.
- Use good chocolate! As usual, I used Baker’s semi-sweet chocolate chips and loved the results. You can use other chocolate bars but they can be a bit more pricey.
- You may use semi-sweet chocolate or dark chocolate in this recipe, but I do not suggest using milk chocolate.
- Chocolate chips should never be used in place of the chopped chocolate.
How to shape Chocolate Truffles
The easiest way to create uniform looking truffles is by using a small cookie scoop. And because your hands will get messy during the rolling process, I suggest keeping a damp rag or paper towel nearby.
Mocha Espresso Truffle
- 3 c Semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 ½ c Heavy cream
- ⅓ c Ground espresso beans
- In a medium-sized pan, combine semi-sweet chocolate chips and heavy cream over low heat, mix until you achieve a smooth consistency.
- Pour mixture into a parchment lined loaf pan.
- Allow to sit in refrigerator for 1 hour or until mixture is solid
- With a cookie scooper, form balls from the mixture (refreeze if truffle begins to melt).
- Roll in ground espresso. Keep in fridge until ready to serve. Add beans to top for a nice look.
Leave a Reply