Great for themed parties, this Halloween snack mix is super easy to make, and tastes absolutely divine!
What is the Halloween Snack Mix?
The Halloween snack mix is just what it sounds like- a simple snack mix that’s themed around the spooky holiday, and is great to serve for a little party that you’re throwing, or just munch on with the kiddos!
Why it Works
The best part about the snack mix is that you don’t need to put in a lot of cooking and effort into making it. It is all about mixing the snacks you already like, and finding out the right combinations to make it taste the way you want it to.
What Else Can I Add?
With this snack mix, there’s a potential for so much variation. You don’t necessarily have to stick to the recipe. You can add in some green sprinkles for a little pop of color, some candy corn, bat, or pumpkin-shaped pretzels (that you might find in a lot of stores around Halloween), Bugles, salted peanuts, candy eyeballs- the list really is endless.
Why Do I Need to Bake it?
Baking a snack mix might not make sense, but you don’t want to miss this step. That little extra effort really goes a long way in getting your snack mix to have the perfect texture that you want it to have.
Baking, in its essence, makes the mix slightly more crunchy and gives it that little earthy flavor that you want it to have, which goes really well along with the creaminess and softness of Reese’s candy.
How Do I Store It?
Planning to make the Halloween snack mix in a big batch that you can store for a few days? You can totally do that too. Just transfer the mix into a glass jar or an airtight container, and let it stay at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Tips to Make the Halloween Snack Mix
Ready to go ahead and give this incredibly easy recipe a try? Don’t forget to implement these little tips to really turn the recipe into a success!
- Aim to keep the individual elements of the snack mix such that they go well together. Adding in too many flavors and textures will turn it into a disaster.
- Stick to 2-3 crunchy elements, flavors that work well together (ideally a mix of sweet and salty flavors), and 1-2 soft elements.
- Looking to store it in a way that you can hand it out quickly to the kiddos who come trick or treating? Transfer them to individual Ziploc bags- easy!
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
This Halloween snack mix doesn’t need a lot of effort and brain work when it comes to serving. Just transfer it to a nice serving bowl and you’re done.
If you’re looking to team it up with some more fun Halloween and holiday-themed snacks and sweet treats, here are a few good options you might want to try out.
- Orange Cinnamon Rolls
- Hot Cocoa in a Jar
- Rolo Pretzel Bites
- Holiday Candy Cane Cookie Sheet with Stickers
Halloween Snack Mix
- ¼ c butter salted or unsalted
- ¼ c honey
- 4 c mini salted pretzels
- 3 c Shreddies
- 170 g package of Reece's Pieces
- 215 g package White Reece's Minis unwrapped
- Preheat oven to bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl melt the butter in the microwave in 20 second intervals until the butter is completely melted. Stir in between each interval. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add the pretzels and Shreddies. Drizzle the butter and honey over the pretzels and Shreddies evenly. Lightly toss with a baking spatula until everything is well coated with the butter and honey.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the coated pretzel mixture onto the prepared baking sheet in a single, even layer.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Let cool completely before adding in the Reece’s Pieces and White Reece’s Minis.
Leave a Reply