A simple 30-minute skillet lasagna made in a cast-iron skillet. An easy weeknight dinner with the classic lasagna flavors we all enjoy!
Lasagna is a great family meal, but it can be very time-consuming to make. This skillet lasagna allows you to make a delicious and comforting lasagna any day of the week, and the best part is the whole dish is made in one cast-iron skillet!
One-pot meals are a favorite of mine on busy days because it doesn't require much prep or a sink full of dirty dishes. This recipe consists of 7 main ingredients that you may already have on hand. If not, next time you're at the store, pick up these ingredients. You will thank yourself later in the week when you need to whip up a quick dinner.
Tips to Make Cast Iron Skillet Lasagna
Think you’re ready to give the recipe a try? Consider these additional tips to help you nail the recipe!
- This recipe is super quick as it is, but if you want to make it ahead of time, prepare it as you usually would, except do not top it with the cheese. Refrigerate the lasagna until you are ready to serve. Top it with the rest of the cheese, and either put it back on the stove or bake it at 350 until it is melted and bubbly.
- If you have time, grate the cheese yourself for the best results. The pre-shredded cheese is coated and won’t melt properly. Trust me, it's worth the extra couple of minutes!
- For a vegetarian version, leave out the sausage, or replace it with veggies or alternative protein.
- This recipe would be great topped with fresh basil or some vegetables mixed in, such as spinach, mushrooms, or zucchini.
Serving Ideas and Suggestions
So you've made the lasagna, and now you need a whip up a quick side dish.
Looking for More One-Pan Meals?
If you liked this skillet lasagna, you might also like:
Cast Iron Skillet Lasagna
- 12 oz Italian sausage
- salt and pepper
- 24 oz pasta sauce
- 1 ½ c water
- 8 oz rotini noodles
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 c ricotta cheese
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese
- ¼ c parmesan cheese
- Add the Italian sausage to a large skillet and sprinkle salt and pepper over it.
- Cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, or until the meat is done, breaking the meat up as it cooks.
- Stir the sauce, water, noodles, and Italian seasoning into the skillet and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring often. If noodles are not tender enough, cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the ricotta cheese, and half of the mozzarella and parmesan cheese, and stir well to combine.
- Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, then top with the rest of the mozzarella and parmesan cheeses.
- Serve hot, and enjoy!