An incredibly easy foolproof fall dessert recipe you won’t want to miss out on- give this caramel apple dump cake a try!
We’re officially in the fall season and there’s just something about these crisp nights that make me want to get into the kitchen and experiment. I’ve always had a thing for simple recipes- ones that need minimal ingredients and are easy to make.
And quite recently, I decided to try making a quick dessert using some caramel bits and apple pie filling that I had lying around.
And then this caramel apple dump cake happens! It is exactly what it sounds like- a delicious fall treat featuring apples, caramel, and cake together in one easy dish.
Why Make the Caramel Apple Dump Cake?
With just three ingredients and an incredibly easy recipe, this dump cake is one recipe you can’t go wrong with and is a must-try this fall if you’re looking to sink your teeth into a delicious and sweet treat without putting too much effort into the kitchen.
But that’s not what I like best about this recipe. It is the fact that I can actually store the leftovers for later and put them to use another day is what I love best about this recipe.
Dump cakes are an easy, throw-together type of dessert that uses basic pantry items to create a quick and delicious treat. Such simplicity also comes with many advantages- you can top off your creation with any additional ingredients you like and take it up a notch.
Can I Use Another Cake Mix?
Yes of course you can! I’ve used a yellow cake mix because I love the subtle color it adds to the cake, but if you have vanilla cake, white cake, or a spiced cake mix, you could use it too.
Can I Store This For Later?
Your leftover dump cake can last for several days in the refrigerator. Just make sure you transfer the leftovers into an airtight container, and then, when you want to have the cake again, reheat it by either microwaving it or putting it into the oven for a few minutes.
Tips & Tricks to Make the Caramel Apple Dump Cake
Ready to get started on the recipe? Keep these little tips and tricks in mind!
- If you don’t have caramel bits, you could use caramel squares too. Just make sure you cut them into small pieces before you use them for the recipe.
- Looking to try this recipe with a bit of variation? You can swap the apple pie filling with some canned peaches and follow the rest of the recipe in the same way. And why stop there? You can also try out a version with pineapple or canned cherries.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
Ready with your caramel dump cake? Here are some cool serving ideas & suggestions you can implement.
- The best way to serve this caramel apple dump cake is to top it with some vanilla ice cream. If you’re looking to take this up a notch, you can also drizzle a bit of caramel sauce over the top.
- Don’t have vanilla ice cream? A spritz of whipped cream on the top should do the trick.
- Another option is adding ground cinnamon or cinnamon sugar to make it a touch more sweeter.
Caramel Apple Dump Cake
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 2 - 20 oz cans apple pie filling
- 1 c caramel baking bits
- 2 sticks butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add both cans of apple pie filling to a 9x13 cake pan or casserole pan.
- Dump the cake mix over the apple pie filling, in an even layer.
- Slice butter into 12 equal pieces, and arrange them on top of the cake mix.
- Sprinkle caramel bits all over the top of the mixture.
- Bake for 50 - 60 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven, and serve warm.
Loved this easy dessert recipe? Ready to try out some more? Here are a few of my personal favorites!