The no-bake berry icebox cake is for a quick and easy dessert with no oven needed. Prepare it the night before or a few hours prior and you have an amazing dessert that sure to please everyone.
This past weekend I was going through my mother’s recipe boxes that were given to me by my father. I came across this recipe and thought it sounded easy since it was a no-bake. I really didn’t want to heat my house either due to it being 90+ degrees outside.
The name that was written on it was icebox berry cake. I was completely intrigued. I figured why not give it a try and possibly make it for the 4th of July, Labor Day, or other summer events. Off to the store during nap time I went to pick up some supplies. When I got home, I started right away since my time is limited or I would have little fingers touching the pudding.
Once it was all done and, in the fridge, I decided to call my dad to see if he remembered my mom ever making this berry cake. He told me that he doesn’t remember this one, but he knows that she often made recipes that were quick like the Dump Cake.
This recipe is for a quick and easy dessert with no oven needed. Prepare it the night before or a few hours prior. You have an amazing dessert that sure to please everyone. Ours didn't even make it for the next day it was gone so quick.
No Bake Berry Icebox Cake
- 2 c Blueberries
- 3 c Strawberries Sliced
- 8 oz Block of Cream Cheese
- 2 pkg Vanilla instant pudding 3.4oz boxes
- 12 oz Cool whip
- 2 ½ c Milk It will not work with Almond or Soy
- 1 bx Graham Crackers Original or Honey
- Using the electric mixer beat the cream cheese and dry pudding mix in a large bowl.
- Gradually add in the milk.
- Gently stir in Cool Whip reserving ½ cup.
- Spread a thin layer of Cool Whip in the bottom of a 9x13 pan
- Layer the graham crackers across the bottom of the pan and breaking them as needed to fit.
- Spread a layer of the pudding mix on top of the graham crackers and then add a layer of blueberries and sliced strawberries.
- Repeat the last 2 steps (graham crackers, pudding, and then berries) for a total of 3 times total. This should reach the top of your pan.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight until the graham crackers have softened completely.