Are you a fan of summer desserts? I am too! I love how fresh fruits are in season, and you can put them to use to whip up some delicious sweet treats. And that’s exactly why I tried making these peach upside down cupcakes.
They took just minutes to prep and taste so good, I could keep on making them again and again. The best part is, you could use canned peaches instead of fresh peaches too, and they would turn out just as yum!
Here’s everything you need to know before you go ahead and give them a shot!
Can I Replace Oil with Butter?
You totally can! However, it is important to note that cakes and cupcakes made using oil, as opposed to butter, have been found to have a much better texture. They stay moist for a longer duration and have that perfect, even crumb.
When it comes to taste though, these goodies made with butter obviously taste better.
Can I Add Peach to the Cake Batter Too?
Of course, you can! It will add a nice texture to your cupcakes, and have a stronger peach flavor too! Just reduce the amount of water that goes into preparing the cake batter, and you’re good.
How Do I Store the Leftovers?
While upside down cakes usually taste best when they’re warm and fresh right out of the oven, you can totally store them for later too. Just allow them to cool down completely before you transfer them to an airtight container and refrigerate them. They can stay fresh in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Make sure you microwave and heat the cupcakes for a bit for them to have that perfect cozy and caramel-y taste.
Tips & Tricks to Make the Peach Upside Down Cupcakes
And of course, there’s nothing like having a few nifty tips and tricks up your sleeve to make sure those cupcakes turn out just perfect- the way you want them to!
- Before using the canned peaches, remember to drain off all the excess liquid, and then place the peaches in the bottom of each muffin pan.
- To keep the peach upside down cupcakes from getting soggy, remember to stick to the ingredients in the proportions mentioned. Don’t add any excess liquid than the recipe calls for.
- Since you’re making these cupcakes in a muffin pan, remember to grease the edges too using some butter or cooking spray. Use a spatula to loosen the edges before you flip the tray and get the cupcakes out.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool down before you try to get them out, especially if you don’t fancy a batch of all smushed up cupcakes.
While these peach upside down cupcakes taste amazing on their own, you can take things up a notch and team them up with a scoop of vanilla ice cream too. It makes for one heck of a dessert!
And if you’re on the hunt for some more drool-worthy desserts to try out, here are a few to try out.
- Chocolate Dipped Marshmallows
- Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizza
- Easy Summery Lemon Bars
- Cherry Cheese Crescent Pastries
Peach Upside Down Cupcakes
Yellow Cake Batter
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- ⅓ c oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 c water
- ¼ c packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp butter cold
- 2-4 peaches
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a muffin pan.
- Cut butter into 24 equal size pieces, and set one piece into the bottom of each cavity of the muffin pan.
- Peel the peaches and cut into thin slices. You will want 48 slices total, so the number of peaches will depend on how big they are.
- Place two peach slices into the muffin tins.
- Add ½ tsp of brown sugar to each muffin pan cavity.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
- Fill each muffin pan cavity ¾ of the way with cake batter.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and set on a cooling rack to cool.
- Once cupcakes are completely cool, gently run a butterknife around the edge of each cupcake if needed, to loosen them.
- Place a large tray or baking sheet on top of the muffin pan, and while holding onto the muffin pan and the tray/baking sheet, flip the muffin pan over onto the tray/baking sheet. The cupcakes should come right out.