Whether they are blueberries fresh from the Farmer's Market near us or the boys and I have been blueberry picking, fresh blueberries call for some sort of freshly made treat! I love this Blueberry Lemon Loaf recipe and it's so easy to make. You can always use frozen blueberries but I prefer fresh as the flavor is so good!
I woke up Sunday morning and decided it was time to use the berries to make a Lemon Blueberry Loaf for breakfast. It was so fresh with the blueberries and zesty with the hint of lemon inside made it refreshing.
Can you add a lemon glaze to the top?
The Lemon glaze that I use for the Cranberry Lemon Cake would be perfect to drizzle over the top.
However, because my kids get a little crazy when they have too much sugar I didn't put it on. Syrup on pancakes and waffles is sometimes a little overkill, and the sugar rush can make for a long day!
Does a Blueberry Loaf freeze well?
Yes, so if you wish to go ahead and make double the recipe and have it on hand for the next special occasion (or whenever you're craving a treat).
Lemon Blueberry Loaf
- 1 ½ c All-purpose flour
- 1 c Fresh or Frozen Blueberries We used fresh from the farmers market.
- ½ c 2% Milk
- ⅓ c Butter, melted
- 1 c Sugar
- 3 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar, lemon juice and eggs.
- Add in the flour, baking powder and salt; stir into egg mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Fold in the blueberries using a spatula.
- Transfer to a lightly greased 8x4-in. loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
I hope you enjoy it! I have also made some healthy blueberry muffins that you may enjoy too!
Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.
Leave a Reply