Easy oven-baked Italian meatballs that are tender and juicy that make for the perfect meal or appetizer. These meatballs are made with ground beef, onion, Italian bread crumbs, and egg; these meatballs are seasoned to perfection!
There’s nothing more comforting than a steaming bowl of meatballs in marinara sauce served over spaghetti noodles, and coupled with a side of garlic bread, it was the perfect quick meal that my family enjoys.
What do I need to make Italian meatballs?
This Italian meatballs recipe calls for simple ingredients that are easily found in your fridge and pantry, hence why they are often my go-to for my emergency meals. Here is everything you’ll need:
- Ground beef: This recipe calls for all ground beef, but please feel free to add in a half ratio of pork or sausage, if you prefer. Using fresh (not previously frozen) meat will produce the best results.
- Italian breadcrumbs: Adds wonderful flavors to the mix without the extra effort of making your own Italian seasoning blend.
- Onion: Many recipes call for sautéing the onions, but I personally find that so long as these aromatics are finely chopped, they blend in just perfectly with the mixture.
- Egg: Adds extra moisture to the meatballs and acts as a core component to bind the meatballs together.
Can I use Venison to make these Italian meatballs?
I do not recommend it as fat is a core component in making the beef meatballs tender and juicy. Venison is lean. I recommend using beef that is 80-85% lean to make the best meatballs.
How do you store Italian meatballs?
You can even make these meatballs and freeze them for later. I only recommend freezing them for up to 6 months max. They defrost well in pasta sauce, and then be ready for some noodles of your choice.
What are some meal options with Italian meatballs?
This recipe for homemade Italian meatballs can be used as an appetizer or a main course meal. There are so many different ways that you can use these meatballs!
- Meatballs in marinara sauce over spaghetti noodles with a side of garlic bread
- Meatball sandwiches
- Sweet and Sour Meatballs
The options are endless!
O'Reilly Italian Meatballs
- 2 lbs Ground beef
- ½ c Chopped onions
- 1 Egg
- ½ c Italian bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Beat egg and mix with ground beef, onions, bread crumbs, Salt, and Pepper well.
- Form into small balls slightly smaller than golf balls
- Bake meatballs for approximately 20- 25 minutes turning once while baking.