This pasta salad is packed with nutrients including alvocado and broccoli with some leftover ham topped with a creamy flavor that gives it a little zing with mustard. If you want more of a zing you can switch from using traditional yellow French's Mustard to Spicy Mustard.
I have to say I am sucker for some pasta salad and this one is no different. With Easter arriving shortly and many end up making a ham or lamb this is great for the left overs because it is so easy and the whole family will enjoy it.
Regardless of the season or the reason, I love a good pasta salad all year round.
Pasta salads are so versatile because you can use a variety of veggies, proteins like chicken and ham, add in cheeses, and change up the dressing and use anything from Italian dressing to mayonnaise based dressings.
For this recipe we used mayonnaise based mixed with avocado, mustard, eggs, and some salt and pepper.
Leftover Ham Pasta Salad
- 1 pkg Ham; diced or leftover ham diced
- 2 eggs hard boiled
- 6 oz rotini pasta
- 1 lg avocado diced
- 1 head broccoli diced
- 1 ½ c mayo
- 1 tbsp mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Cook pasta as directed. Drain and then cool the pasta to room temperature.
- Add in ham, diced egg, avocado, and broccoli with pasta in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together salt, pepper, mayo, and mustard. Whisk well.
- Scoop into large bowl and toss well until all ingredients are coated.