This honey lemon and ginger tea is really good. You would think it may be too sweet with all the honey, but you would be surprised.
My mother-in-law makes it often, and it has helped me so much. When I ran out after using it all winter, my seasonal (mostly spring) allergies came back, thanks to the high pollen levels in Virginia.
After a few days of drinking the tea two times a day, I returned to my normal self. No more itchy eyes, sneezing, runny nose, congestion, or taking over-the-counter medication!
I would always prefer a natural way to relieve symptoms and boost my immune system before taking medication. Now some people are exhausted from their body's defense system to fight off illnesses due to using medicine always.
I used to take Claritin for several years until it wasn't working anymore. Allegra, Zyrtec, and more wouldn't give me a break. Now I can go back outside during high pollen specials and enjoy spending time with my family.
This honey, lemon, and ginger tea have helped my allergies and boosted my immune system from all the germs. It has absolutely tons of health benefits!
I can only see them with seasonal allergies; however, I will also take the immune-boosting since I am a mom. Moms don't get sick days, and if they do, it’s not when they have infants or toddlers.
Here is a list of some of the benefits of Honey Lemon & Ginger Tea:
- Relieve cold and flu symptoms
- Helps with seasonal allergies
- Boost Immune System
- Aid in stimulating metabolism
- Alleviate nausea and vomiting
Do I have your attention? Do you want to make this tea in the comfort of your home? Here is the recipe below!
Honey Lemon Ginger Tea
- 8 Lemons Wash and cut in halves
- ½ - 1 Fresh Ginger Skin removed
- 2 c Brown Sugar
- 1 qt Honey or Blue Agave
- Boil lemons in 2 qts of water until soft, use a spoon to scoop out the seeds.
- Add ginger and brown sugar then simmer for 1 ½-2 hrs.
- Allow time to cool to room temperature.
- Place in a blender and blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Mesh strainer the mixture into a pitcher.
- Then add the honey to the pitcher.
- Store in glass jars in the fridge.
What types of Tea do you like? What health benefits does it have? Please share!
Leave a Reply