Deliciously cheesy spinach crustless quiche that is sure to satisfy without the needs of excess carbs by making it crustless. It is also meatless so this is a perfect option for vegetarians and more.
Why a crustless quiche?
I am not going to lie, but I do love the pie crust that is typically on quiche. However, in order to watch my figure which has gone downhill like literally since having kids I try to watch what I intake a little more. So fewer carbohydrates and more vegetables it is.
What are the benefits of meatless?
Per the Mayo Clinic, even going meatless once a week can save money and provide health benefits such as:
- Lower and prevent chronic illnesses
- Rest the system
- Energy Boost
- Nutrition boost
What is the nutritional value of spinach?
Per USDA, One cup of raw spinach contains:
- 7 calories
- 0.86 grams (g) of protein
- 30 milligrams (mg) of calcium
- 0.81 g of iron
- 24 mg of magnesium
- 167 mg of potassium
- 2,813 IU of Vitamin A
- 58 micrograms of folate
Spinach also contains vitamin K, fiber, phosphorus, and thiamine.
What are the benefits of eating spinach?
Per Medical News Today, spinach has a ton of benefits such as:
- Diabetes Management
- Cancer Prevention
- Asthma Prevention
- Lowering Blood Pressure
- Bone Health
- Promotes Digestive regularity
- Healthy Skin and Hair
Don't all these facts make you want to eat more veggies in your daily meal plans?
It sure does with me! Look at that lovely layering of spinach and cheese! It makes my mouth water, but that could be also because I love cheese. If you do too I know you will love this recipe.
Easy Spinach and Cheese Crustless Quiche
- 2 c Fresh Spinach
- 1 c Ricotta Cheese
- ½ c Mexican Cheese Plus a little extra to place on top.
- 1 Onion, small
- 8 Eggs
- Optional: Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray the pie dish with baking spray.
- Combine all ingredients together and mix well.
- Slowly pour into a pie dish that has been lightly greased to prevent sticking.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until the middle is done and set.
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes and then enjoy!
How long does a crustless quiche last?
I have found crustless quiches last even longer than the traditional quiche, mostly because you don’t have to worry about the crust getting soggy. This Crustless Quiche will easily keep for 3-4 days in the refrigerator.