This Cheesy, Spinach, and Ham Crustless Quiche is a delicious breakfast or all-in-one meal with spinach, ham, and cheese that is nutritious and sure to satisfy for the busiest of nights.
We made a sizeable 10+lb ham the other night for dinner because I needed something other than chicken. There was so much left over that I decided I needed to come up with some recipes, so I used it in a quiche. I can’t remember the last time I made a quiche, so it was time to create this delicious masterpiece in one dish.
It is pouring here this morning in Virginia as I am writing this. Hurricane Dorian is starting to make landfall in Florida and will then be moving up the coast. Rainy days always put me in the mood to start baking. They are also good at helping to warm up the house when it is chilly.
My lovely assistant Jack helped me make this tasty quiche this morning. He was my stirring buddy, and I finally let him crack an egg. I am completely amazed for a 3-year-old who didn’t get a shell in it!
Benefits of a Crustless Quiche:
- Fewer carbohydrates than with a crust, which makes it low-carb and Keto friendly.
- Easily can be prepared the night before and baked the following more. However, you may need to add a few minutes to the baking time.
- Eggs are a superfood.
Items you can put in a Quiche:
- Meats: Bacon, Chicken, Ground Beef, Ham, Sausage, Salmon,
- Seafood: Crab, Salmon, Shrimp,
- Cheese: Asiago, Cheddar, Swiss, Feta, Goat, Parmesan, Gruyere, Mozzarella, Pepper Jack, Jack Cheese.
- Spices: Pepper, Salt, Taco, Nutmeg, Cayenne, Paprika, Garlic, Onion Powder, Red Pepper Flakes
- Herbs: Basil, Parsley, Dill, Oregano, Rosemary, Chives, Thyme, Sage,
- Vegetables: Asparagus, Broccoli, Chilis, Mushrooms, Onions, Peppers, Spinach, Tomatoes, Zucchini, Kale,
How long does Quiche keep in the Refrigerator?
I have found crustless quiches last even longer than their traditional counterparts because you don’t have to worry about the crust getting soggy. This Crustless Quiche will easily be kept in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
How long does Quiche keep in the Freezer?
Whether it's a store-bought, homemade, the egg mixture, the crust, baked, or unbaked, you can keep your quiche in the freezer for 3 months without any safety concerns. Be sure to seal your quiche properly to avoid freezer burn, and label it with the date it was frozen, so there is no confusion.
With the holidays fast approaching, I thought it was time to share one of my family’s favorite morning recipes if I get up and moving quickly enough. I have tried making this with bacon and sausage, but it was a little on the greasy side.
Easy Cheesy Spinach and Ham Crustless Quiche
- 6 eggs
- ½ c Ricotta Cheese
- ¼ c Cheddar Cheese This will be used to sprinkle on top
- 1 c Frozen spinach
- ½ c Diced white onion
- ¾ c Leftover spiraled ham
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients together and mix well.
- Slowly pour into a pie dish that has been lightly greased to prevent sticking.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until the middle is done and set.
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes and then enjoy!