We made a sizeable 10+lb ham the other night for dinner because I needed something different other than chicken. There was so much leftover that I decided I need to come up with some recipes with it, so I decided to use it in a quiche. I can’t even remember the last time I had made a quiche, so it was time to create this delicious masterpiece all in one dish.
It is pouring here this morning in Virginia as I am writing this. Hurricane Dorian is starting to make landfall in Florida and then will be moving up the coast. Rainy days always put me in the mood to start baking. They are also good at helping to warm up the house when it is chilly.
My lovely assistant Jack helped me make this tasty quiche this morning. He was my stirring buddy, and I finally let him crack an egg. For a 3-year-old who didn’t get a shell in it, I am completely amazed!
Benefits of a Crustless Quiche:
- Fewer carbohydrates than with a crust, which makes it low-carb and Keto friendly.
- Easily can be prepared the night before and baked the following more. However, you may need to add an extra few minutes to the baking time.
- Eggs are a superfood
Easy Cheesy Spinach and Ham Crustless Quiche
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 c Ricotta Cheese
- 1/4 c Cheddar Cheese This will be used to sprinkle on top
- 1 c Frozen spinach
- 1/2 c Diced white onion
- 3/4 c Leftover spiraled ham
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients together and mix well.
- Slowly pour into a pie dish that has been lightly greased to prevent sticking.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until the middle is done and set.
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes and then enjoy!
How long does Quiche last?
I have found crustless quiches last even longer than their traditional counterparts, namely because you don’t have to worry about the crust getting soggy. This Crustless Quiche will easily keep for 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
With the holidays fast approaching, I thought it was time to share one of my family’s favorite morning recipes if I get up moving quickly enough. I have tried making this with bacon and sausage once before, but it was a little on the greasy side.
Do you have a favorite Quiche or breakfast recipe? Please share it below.