Kid-approved and absolutely delicious on not only a cold chilly night but any night as a is packed with nutritional value. This Crockpot chicken pot pie is a favorite in our home and I know it will be a favorite in yours too.
Are you looking for a delicious and easy weeknight dinner idea?
Why not try making crockpot chicken pot pie! This classic dish is perfect for cozy nights in and is sure to satisfy the whole family. Simply combine chicken, vegetables, and a creamy sauce in your crockpot and let it simmer all day for a delicious and comforting meal. Plus, it's a great way to use up any leftover veggies you have in your fridge. Give it a try tonight!
What are some creative variations on the classic chicken pot pie recipe?
There are many creative variations you can explore to put a unique spin on the classic chicken pot pie recipe. Here are a few ideas to inspire you:
- Ethnic Flavors: Add a twist to your chicken pot pie by incorporating flavors from different cuisines. For example:
- Mexican-Inspired: Use diced chicken, black beans, corn, and green chilies. Season with cumin, chili powder, and cilantro. Top with a cornbread crust.
- Mediterranean-Inspired: Add olives, sun-dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and feta cheese. Season with herbs like oregano and thyme. Top with a phyllo dough crust.
- Vegetarian or Vegan Version: Replace the chicken with plant-based protein options, such as tofu, tempeh, or seitan. Use vegetable broth and add a variety of colorful vegetables like carrots, peas, potatoes, and mushrooms. For a vegan option, use plant-based butter or oil for the crust and consider a dairy-free béchamel sauce.
- Seafood Twist: Substitute chicken with seafood like shrimp, crab, or salmon. Combine it with vegetables such as leeks, celery, and peas. Enhance the flavor with dill, lemon zest, and Old Bay seasoning. Consider using a puff pastry crust for an elegant touch.
- Curry Infusion: Give your pot pie an exotic twist by incorporating curry flavors. Use chicken or chickpeas and add curry powder, turmeric, ginger, and garlic. Include vegetables like bell peppers, sweet potatoes, and peas. Top with a puff pastry crust infused with curry spices.
- Individual Mini Pies: Instead of a traditional pie, make individual-sized pot pies. Use ramekins or muffin tins and layer the filling and crust accordingly. This option allows for customization, making it easy to cater to different tastes and dietary preferences.
- Savory Herb Crust: Experiment with different herb-infused crusts to elevate the flavors of your pot pie. Add chopped fresh herbs like rosemary, thyme, sage, or parsley to your pastry dough. This will impart a delightful aroma and add depth to the overall taste.
Remember, when trying out creative variations, it's important to maintain a balance between flavors and ensure that the ingredients work harmoniously together. Feel free to get creative, adapt the recipe to your preferences, and have fun experimenting with different ingredients and techniques!
What sides or toppings pair well with crockpot chicken pot pie?
When serving crockpot chicken pot pie, there are several sides and toppings that can complement the dish and enhance the overall meal. Here are some delicious options to consider:
- Side Salad: A fresh side salad can provide a refreshing contrast to the warm and comforting chicken pot pie. Opt for a simple green salad with mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices, and a light vinaigrette dressing.
- Steamed Vegetables: Serve steamed vegetables alongside the pot pie for added nutrition and color. Steamed broccoli, carrots, green beans, or peas work well and provide a nice textural contrast to the creamy pot pie.
- Mashed Potatoes: Classic mashed potatoes are a popular and satisfying side dish that pairs wonderfully with chicken pot pie. The creamy and buttery mashed potatoes complement the flavors of the pot pie filling.
- Biscuits: Fluffy, homemade biscuits are an excellent choice to accompany chicken pot pie. They can be used to scoop up the filling or to create mini sandwich bites. Brush the biscuits with butter and sprinkle them with herbs like rosemary or thyme for added flavor.
- Roasted Root Vegetables: Roasted root vegetables, such as carrots, parsnips, and sweet potatoes, bring a touch of sweetness and earthiness to the meal. Season them with herbs like garlic, thyme, or rosemary for a flavorful side.
- Cornbread: Serve cornbread as a side to complement the flavors of the chicken pot pie. The slightly sweet and crumbly texture of cornbread pairs well with the savory filling. Consider making individual cornbread muffins for easy serving.
- Crispy Onion Topping: Add a crispy and savory element to your chicken pot pie by topping it with fried or baked crispy onions. They provide a delightful texture contrast and an extra burst of flavor.
Remember to consider personal preferences and dietary restrictions when selecting sides or toppings. These suggestions can be customized to suit your taste and the overall theme of the meal. Enjoy your crockpot chicken pot pie with the perfect accompaniments!
Other Crockpot Recipes You May Enjoy:
Crockpot Chicken Pot Pie
- 3 Boneless chicken breast Fresh or frozen is fine.
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 c Milk
- ½ Onion Chopped
- 16 oz Frozen Mixed Vegetables
- ½ c Celery Chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- Place everything in the Crock-pot except the biscuits.
- Cook on low all day for 6 to 8 hours
- Remove chicken and Shred. Add back into the Crock-pot and stir to combine.
- Bake your biscuits and serve a biscuit on top of each bowl.