Sweet and salty and with just a little crunch factor- these honey-roasted carrots are an absolute must-try.
There’s just something about the crunchiness and freshness of carrots that make them such a great ingredient to work with if you’re looking for vegetarian side dishes. These honey-roasted carrots are the perfect example of how versatile they can be, and how, with just a few simple additions, you can turn them into a lip-smacking delicious appetizer or side.
What I love the most about this recipe is the fact that it is so easy to put together- it literally takes 2 minutes of prep time. Ready to give the recipe a try? Scroll down to know more about it before you do.
What Other Seasonings Can I Try?
The best part about making these honey-roasted carrots is the fact that you can take your spin on the seasonings and flavorings. Want some more spice? Throw in some red chili flakes or paprika.
Ground cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, or cajun spice mix can also be great additions to your roasted carrots.
Can I Make and Store the Honey Roasted Carrots For Later?
Yes, you definitely can. Just allow the carrots to cool down completely, transfer them to an airtight container, and pop them in the refrigerator. They can stay fresh there for up to 4 days. You could freeze them too if you want them to last longer- just remember to use a freezer-safe container, and that they might not have the same texture when you reheat them after they’ve been frozen and thawed.
Can I Try This with Other Veggies?
Loved how they turned out? You could try these with other veggies too- just remember to use fresh veggies at all times, since frozen veggies won’t give you the same texture and taste you are looking for.
Think zucchini, bell peppers, broccoli, baby corn, Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes and any other veggies you can think of!
Tips to Make the Honey Roasted Carrots
While the recipe is super simple, you can always do with some additional tips and tricks to get these honey-roasted carrots to hit perfection.
- To balance the sweetness of these carrots, you can add a splash of vinegar or the juice of half a lemon towards the end, and give it a good toss.
- If you are too lazy or tired to do all the peeling and chopping, you can totally skip that skip and just use baby carrots instead.
- When chopping the carrots, aim to keep them all in roughly the same size. This will ensure that they all have the same amount of browning and caramelization that you’re looking for.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
Your honey-roasted carrots can be the perfect side dish for any of your favorite vegetarian and meat-based mains. I like teaming them up with my curries (paneer tikka masala and pumpkin and eggplant rogan josh have become my recent favorites).
You can also serve it with your baked or fried seafood (you’ve got to try my keto wasabi-glazed tilapia) to make it a complete, balanced meal.
Easy Honey Roasted Carrots
- 3 medium carrots
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Start by peeling and chopping the carrots into ½ inch pieces.
- Heat butter in a skillet and add the chopped garlic and let it saute for a minute. Now add the salt, pepper and chopped parsley.
- Next, add the chopped carrots and toss them in the mixture. Remove from heat and transfer the carrots to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the carrots in the oven preheated to 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until they get that slight caramelization.