These crispy and cheesy air-fried potato slices are a delicious snack or appetizer sure to please a crowd.
I love baked potatoes, but having the right ratio of toppings to potatoes is crucial. I don't like when you get halfway through it, all your toppings are gone, and you are left with a plain, flavorless potato at the bottom. The leftover potato usually gets tossed, contributing to more food waste.
These potato slices, however, are perfect because, unlike baked potatoes, they are soft on the inside but crispy on the outside. They have the perfect amount of cheese and bacon on each slice, so you'll never be left with a bland bite of potato. After trying these, you'll never want a regular baked potato again!
Tips to Make Bacon and Cheese Potato Slices
If you're ready to make bacon and cheese potato slices, check out these tips and tricks to help you nail the recipe!
- The air fryer is a quick and mess-free way to get perfectly crispy potato slices. However, if you don't have an air fryer, you can bake them in the oven or fry them in a skillet. Just remember to flip halfway.
- After you wash and slice your potatoes, dry them well so that they get extra crispy. You can use a paper towel to wipe any excess liquid or starch.
- It is important that you brush or at least toss the potatoes in oil so that they are all well-coated. This ensures that they all crisp evenly.
- Use any seasonings you would like for your potatoes. I think these would also be good with cajun seasoning.
Serving Ideas and Suggestions
These potatoes are perfectly served as an appetizer or snack. You could whip up a batch of these as an after-school snack or a game-day appetizer. Serve them alongside Air Fryer Chicken Wings with a side of ranch, and they will be a favorite!
For an easy weeknight dinner, serve them with Homemade Sloppy Joes. They are also a great side to Garlic, and Herb Beer Can Chicken, or for a simple yet classic option, try Sheet Pan Chicken and Asparagus.
You Might Also Like
If you enjoyed these air fryer potato slices, you'd also love these other recipes for a quick snack or appetizer.
Air Fryer Bacon and Cheese Potato Slices
- 2 russet potatoes medium
- 3 slices bacon
- ½ c cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 stalks fresh chives
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Cook the bacon in a medium skillet over medium low heat, until crispy. When done, set on a paper towel to absorb grease, then break the bacon into small pieces.
- Wash the potatoes really well, then slice them into ¼ inch slices.
- Dice the chives.
- Lightly brush each of the potato slices with olive oil.
- Arrange potatoes in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Sprinkle them with a little salt and pepper.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 17-18 minutes, lightly shaking the basket once halfway through cooking.
- Top each of the potatoes with cheese, then bacon, then a few chives.
- Bake for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from the air fryer, and serve hot!