This delicious Easy Chicken Pot Pie is quick and simple to make. This classic recipe is filled with vegetables, has a buttery, flaky crust, and it's ready in just about 35 minutes. This comforting, savory meal is one the whole family will enjoy!
Easy Chicken Pot Pie is always a family favorite, and it is SO incredibly easy. Sometimes I even cheat a little to make it easier when I know that I will have very little time to prepare a good dinner.
On those nights, I use precooked, diced chicken, so I don't even have to cut the chicken breasts into pieces. I still do the same step of heating it in the olive oil with the onion, garlic salt, and pepper, I just heat it a few minutes less since it is already cooked.
This is also a great way to use up that leftover holiday turkey! Just substitute diced turkey for the chicken.
Can you freeze this recipe?
Yes, you can! Freeze it before baking by assembling it as per the instruction. Then wrap it well and freeze it - pie tin and all!
Freeze it after baking by allowing it to cool completely. Then wrap it well and freeze completely.
How do you cook frozen chicken pot pie?
To bake a frozen pie, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Bake the pie for 30 minutes covered with foil, remove the foil and continue baking for another 20-30 minutes or until golden brown and piping hot inside.
Easy Chicken Pot Pie
- 2 frozen pie crust shells
- 1 lb chicken breast cooked and shredded
- 1 package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2 tbsp dry minced onion
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Mix together chicken, vegetables, soup, onion, salt & pepper until well combined
- Pour mixture into one of the pie crust shells
- Place the other pie crust shell bottom side up on top of the mixture
- Use a fork to press the sides of the crust together to seal the pie
- Use the fork again to gently poke several sets of holes in the top crust
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until the crust in golden brown and the filling is bubbly
- Let rest for about 10 minutes
- Slice, serve and enjoy!
Leave a Reply